• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cap Badges

LCIS101

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, i've been trying to find out if there's a difference between the air operations cap badge for NCM vs Officer. I searched all around the net but it always seems like there's only one cap badge. If anyone know the details it will be appreciated. Thanks
:jet:

Same design, different materials.

I was given the cloth badges from clothing stores (and keep them on my spare headdresses), but was encouraged by my unit to purchase the gold thread badge.  The best price I found was from Joe Drouin.  They look sharp, so at only 10 bucks a pop they're worth it anyway.

there are a couple of options on joe drouin there's one with the queen's crown and another with the king's crown. one with thread another one with metal meshes. which one is preferred by units to be worn by officers?

AEC said:
there's one with the queen's crown and another with the king's crown.

There is no such thing as a "Queen's crown" or "King's crown".

Read here for a good description:

http://www.ottawavalleybuttonclub.ca/Articles/tabid/544/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/407/Crown-Representations-on-Buttons-ndash-Canada-amp-England.aspx

Should have added that we're not supposed to wear the one with the metal eagle, it should be the embroidered one.  Don't have a real reference, but that's what I was told by the staff at kit shop at the Air Force Museum in Trenton.

agc said:
Should have added that we're not supposed to wear the one with the metal eagle, it should be the embroidered one.  Don't have a real reference, but that's what I was told by the staff at kit shop at the Air Force Museum in Trenton.

It may have to do with FOD (Foreign Object Debris) or that it's the (now defunct) Peaked Cap badge, which is also larger.

Back