• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

People at our HQ who has simple, non stop reserve svc with an enrolment date and no release date yet have data that is correct on the DCBA estimate, including rank.

EVERYONE who did both reserve and reg force all have errors in their estimate. One MWO was listed as Mcpl and noboby had their reserve svc taken into account (including cases where the people had under 10 years of reserve before transfering to Reg force, which means they wouldn't have received any RFRG upon releasing from the P res)

DCBA states that they got the information from RPSR, CCPS and Peoplesoft but that's simply impossible, at least for those who are having issues with the P res / Reg force svc.

So, it says in Section B:

"Last date of accumulation of Eligible Service [note 5]"

Then Note 5: blah, blah, blah. on the last moment of 29 February 2012 in any other case.

I'm taking that to mean even if you stay in x more years, there is no more monies being added from 29 Feb 12 onward. What you have accumulated to 29 Feb 12 is all you're getting.

Is that right?

recceguy said:
So, it says in Section B:

"Last date of accumulation of Eligible Service [note 5]"

Then Note 5: blah, blah, blah. on the last moment of 29 February 2012 in any other case.

I'm taking that to mean even if you stay in x more years, there is no more monies being added from 29 Feb 12 onward. What you have accumulated to 29 Feb 12 is all you're getting.

Is that right?

Mostly right.
The admin instruction has the following list of conditions where you would continue to accumulate to a maximum of 30 years:

The accumulation of years of eligible service continues for a member who is released, in the Table to QR&O article 15.01, under Items:

3(a) Medical grounds - being disabled and unfit to perform duties as a member of the Service.

3(b) Medical grounds - being disabled and unfit to perform his duties in his present trade or employment, and not otherwise advantageously employable under existing service policy.

5(b) Reduction in strength.

5(c) Completed service for which required: where the member has not reached retirement age under QR&O Chapter 15 but has completed the period of obligatory service because of a change in classification or trade specifications or in the establishment requirements of the CF.

5(d) Not advantageously employable.

5(e) Irregular enrolment.

By reason of death (refer to QR&O article 15.01(2)).

That's how I see except that if you take it out now and your a Sgt that's how it's calculated vs. taking out later and your say a WO it will be calculated using that rank.

dapaterson said:
Mostly right.
The admin instruction has the following list of conditions where you would continue to accumulate to a maximum of 30 years:

Cheers :salute:

How are people getting their payout statements? Through email/snail mail or cf mail.

wesleyd said:
How are people getting their payout statements? Through email/snail mail or cf mail.

Don't worry.  I've not received mine yet either.  That's no big surprise, there's usually a substantial lag in full delivery of bad news by mail from the bean counter types at the puzzle palace.  It will eventually get to both you and me and we'll both have plenty of time to  :stars: along with the rest of the crowd.

FAQ on the website said you should have them by the 17th of September. If not, go to your OR. Those of us that got them early are lucky, unless its wrong...

Folks, let's take this into perspective as it is something new that came down the pipe.  What you received in the mail, is ONLY an "Estimate"!!!  From what I have seen at work in the past few days, this leads me to believe it may or may not have been generated based on your current circumstances (ie; currently serving in the Reg F or Res F).  Hence, if you are a component transfer (CT) in any direction, your prior service may not have been included in the calculation.  If you look at the letter, it tells you what you need to provide with respect to other types of service, if you feel the numbers are wrong.  Sooooo......if you think the "estimate" is wrong, NOW (and don't wait until next year for Christ sake and then bitch about it when you get shafted)  is the time to start trying to acquire the documentation (indicated in the letter) necessary to prove previous qualifying service.  I am not sure if they will "accept" MPRR's as a form of proof, so you BEST be prepared.

The CANFORGEN (s) that came out on this, indicated that a "team" would be stood up just to deal with this and that an email address would be provided at a later date.  This has yet to happen but will, very shortly occur (you can't rob peter to pay Paul when it comes to personnel resources).  These people need to be trained first before they can help us!  Once that is done, DMCA will train Admin staff at all locations to provide on-site assistance.  Until this happens, there is not much more that can be done and everything else is mere speculation.

What is happening now is the administration of "Payment in Lieu" of Severance Pay.  Anyone remember "Cashout of Annual Leave"???  It is the exact same process!!!  You can take the cash now or you can take it later, the choice will be yours and the formula will be based on your pay at that time!!!  All you need to do is read CBI 204.40 and "read ALL of it" please.....  What you have before you now, is a ONE TIME offer.  After that, the issue of Severance Pay will NOT come up again until you actually retire/release/depart the CF.  Your accumulation of time credit towards Severance Pay ceased on 29 Feb 12, so the "X" factor won't change, but I think there may be "exceptional" circumstances (ie; medical, etc).

Be forewarned!!!  READ the letter and if you disagree with what the "estimate" is, now is the time to start lining up the ducks.......

With regards to providing proof that I was in the reserves, isn't something the Orderly room have access too?

Lone Wolf AT said:
With regards to providing proof that I was in the reserves, isn't something the Orderly room have access too?

It is all on your MPRR

Slightly relieved to see that other PRes CTing RegF are not having their estimates accurately portrayed.

I've already emailed my SOR to see what needs to be done.  Apparently Ottawa is hosting unit AdminO's in the next couple of weeks to provide a better backgrounder.

Zoomie said:
Slightly relieved to see that other PRes CTing RegF are not having their estimates accurately portrayed.

I've already emailed my SOR to see what needs to be done.  Apparently Ottawa is hosting unit AdminO's in the next couple of weeks to provide a better backgrounder.

Meetings are 18-19 or 20-21 Sept; one day on changes to certain admin measures, and the second on severance pay.

Talked to our CC today.  Clerks are getting trained (at least in NCR) on this starting on the 17th of Sept.  Until then all they can pretty much do is look at the FAQ and admin instruction, nod their heads and say, yup, makes sense, to what ever you are saying.  Once trained they can provide answers.

Back