• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Valour on the Shores of.... Norway?

As Michael Dorosh has mentioned, the PM has admitted that the speech was written correctly and that he read it incorrectly; so it is NOT the speech writers‘ fault. I think he just had Norway on the brain for one reason or another. I just keep telling myself that so that I don‘t feel too depressed.

Correct me if i‘m wrong, but wasn‘t there a battle for norway? in the second world war, that was horribly horribly botched?

Originally posted by Worn Out Grunt:
[qb] Operation Overlord was only launched after the First and Fifth Canadian Divisions had already been fighting hard from Scicily through Italy for a year.[/qb]
True, as well other campaigns in North Africa fought by others, but they didn‘t liberate Europe through Italy.

Kind of reminds me of when the previous PM , went to Bosnia to visit the troops , he had his helmet on backwards , but no one had the " NADS" , to say " Excuse me , Mr. PM , let me adjust your helmet ", but he was no doubt surrounded by officers , who wouldn‘t want to hurt , the almighty " Career Progression".

Originally posted by Ghost778:
[qb] Kinda looked like you were laughing right along with them, at army.ca.

Maybe i‘m wrong though.
Be that as it may i‘m fairly certian you can‘t post if your not a member. I know i tried.

"And I‘m not a member so I don‘t think I can submit anything"
"Well I hardly ever post there."
"quote: 2004-04-14 12:27:03 AM nbk"

Somethings not really adding up. *Taps nose*
I‘m sure it‘s just me whos confused. [/qb]
No I was not laughing at the site, I was laughing at the situation as in "Boy a lot of people on Army.ca are gonna be pissed at them for this, haha" and as well I believe you have to be a paying "total fark" member of the site to submit news, although I have never submitted news and cannot say for sure.

Why did not you quote the other thing I said before that, where I stated that it was not infact the official Canadian army site, "honour" is spelled correctly and soforth?

But I suppose if you are desperate to have this image of me as an military hating hippie no matter how much I tell you otherwise, you will try to bend my words around and make it seem like I am something I am not.

This is only an internet site, and not the real world. So believe of me what you will, it will have no effect on my life and my career.

We don‘t think your a military hating hippie, we just think your Euro Trash.

Originally posted by Infanteer:
[qb] We don‘t think your a military hating hippie, we just think your Euro Trash. [/qb]
Oh ok. Well in that case continue as you were.

Originally posted by Gunnar:
[qb] Gun registry: 2 billion (10 times the planned 2 million) and not everyone is registered yet. Anyone notice that the Liberals only seem to waste taxpayer‘s money in multiples of 2 billion? Wonder why the magic figure....? [/qb]
Hmmm, not to belittle you or anything but do you not think that on a comment that critiques others massive calculation failures maybe you should do a mathamaticle check of your own facts? 2 billion(2,000,000,000) is not ten(10) time 2 million(2,000,000) A ten time cost overrun would be, well, actualy quite small for a government contract. This is a one thousand time cost over run or if you would prefer an increase in cost of nearly 100,000%! As for where the 2 billion dollar figure came from I‘m not fully sure as up until recently the number has been only 1 billion though CBC is reporting 2 billion now.

Originally posted by gryphon664:
[qb] Correct me if i‘m wrong, but wasn‘t there a battle for norway? in the second world war, that was horribly horribly botched? [/qb]
The First Special Service Force was originally created to take out German power plants in the mountains of Norway and Italian Alps. But then they decided just to bomb them.

There was a battle for Norway in 1940. Elements of 1 CDN Div were scheduled to go but they never did.

Originally posted by Nate M:
[qb]
Originally posted by gryphon664:
[qb] Correct me if i‘m wrong, but wasn‘t there a battle for norway? in the second world war, that was horribly horribly botched? [/qb]
The First Special Service Force was originally created to take out German power plants in the mountains of Norway and Italian Alps. But then they decided just to bomb them. [/qb]
Good call. The vehicle later known as the M29 Weasel was designed specifically to let the FSSF navigate over the snowy plains of Norway and was later used by US mountain troops in Italy.

Back