• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading mainly about support our troops products, I was having a really hard time finding magnets as I am not longer in the forces (been out quite a few years) and living in Ottawa, Canex is but a distant memory. I did however find a really cool Canadian Magnet on ebay, I don't have a link, but the maple leaf on it / in it is huge. I really like the look. I have been seeing more of this particular magnet around Ottawa, anyone know where it is coming from?

Iamatar

If you go back and read through this topic, you will find the links for Canex Online Sales, and you can find all kinds of "Support Our Troops" items there.  You can order from home and I am sure it will be much cheaper and better quality and service than EBay.

I did order 1 magnet from Canex on-line, by the time I paid shipping, it worked out pretty even to the one I bought on ebay, and the quality to me looked exactly the same, but the design was different and nicer (the one from ebay). The company I got it from I think was in Ottawa, which would explain the 3 days for shipping. Canex on the other hand (I'm not sure where they ship from) took almost 2 months to get me one magnet. I would like a couple of pins, but I think I will try to find someone who carries them, the shipping costs probably wouldn't be worth it for 2 pins. What do you think?

Very true, not the biggest fan of their magnet though, I find it very busy. Do you happen to know if the war museum carries pins?

Iamatar said:
Very true, not the biggest fan of their magnet though, I find it very busy. Do you happen to know if the war museum carries pins?

Yes it does. Pins, magnets, hats, shirts...all the same items that are sold at Canex. You can get the yellow magnets or the CADPAT version.

The Canadian War Museum Boutique can be reached at 819 776-8660

info@warmuseum.ca

General information: (819) 776-8600 or 1-800-555-5621

Canadian War Museum
1 Vimy Place
Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1C2

:threat: :rage: >:(

Some &@$%ing punk stole my magnet off the back of my ute, so I ordered about half a dozen from Calgary MFRC.

Wouldn't you know it, but some &@$%er stole it again a few days later!

:threat: :threat: :threat: :rage: :rage:

RangerRay said:
:threat: :rage: >:(

Some &@$%ing punk stole my magnet off the back of my ute, so I ordered about half a dozen from Calgary MFRC.

Wouldn't you know it, but some &@$%er stole it again a few days later!

:threat: :threat: :threat: :rage: :rage:

I live in the NW Calgary, since my 300lbs of two Bouviers heads can come out from inside the canopy on the p/u just above the magnets mine have finally stayed were they belong. I think the dogs are hoping someone will try to borrow them again. Actually so am I come to think of it, may cut down on the dog food bill for awhile ;D

I hope this works, I found a picture of the magnet I bought on Ebay, I like this one, has a truely Canadian feel to it. I tried to attach the image.

Sweeet! Is that a magnet?  And where can I get one around Trenton?
:army:

I got mine on ebay from a company called "universalcoins", they have a ebay store as well.

I have seen these things in a varity of colours, cadpat, yellow, etc. But where do I find them? This ribbon magnet that says "support our troops?"

Thanks much.

Apparently one could get one of the back of my truck till last week when I got tired of buying the things for everyone that walked by my vehicle and decided that they needed it more then I did  :threat:

Canex/CFPSA.  You can order a variety of "Support Our Troops" products here.

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/newscentre/support/index.asp

Cheers,

kc

I've never seen them in Winnipeg - might make my own!

The yellow ribbon pre-dates Perry Como, folks.

In WWII my Dad was a gunner-Mom wore a yellow ribbon all the time he was overseas:

"Round her neck she wore a yellow ribbon
She wore it in the springtime and in the month of May
And if you asked her why the h*** she wore it
She wore it for her gunner in the RCA."

There are other verses too. I know this is true. After the war Mom kept her yellow ribbon in her hankerchief box, and told me about it when I asked. Dad was always proud of it!

:cdn:
Hawk

Back