• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

typhoon85

I haven‘t got my Passport yet but will I need it while in the Army(Regular)?

If you will need a passport in the regular army (for tours and such), you will be provided a green gov‘t passport for the tour. Normally, that passport is kept by the admin folks until you need it, so you wont be carrying it around with you day to day over here. If you want to go on vacation somewhere requiring you to have a passport, you‘ll go through the regular joe procedure to obtain a passport.

Hello,

Do you need a passport in your hand prior to being a member of the CF? I have had one in the past however it expired. Before going to get a new one I thought I would ask as I was thinking there is probably a military passport for members.

So far in my application process I have not been asked to have or to present my passport but just want to make sure I eliminate any potential barriers as the wait is already long enough.

Thanks in advance.

No, you do not need a passport.  You can go and get one on your own whenever you like.  There is a military passport but you do not have access to it unless you are on deployment or tasking.  You normally will not be processed for one until you are at your unit.

Thanks for the quick reply. Believe it or not I did search the word passport first but seemed to have missed this thread.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back