• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces University Program (CFUP) CANCELLED

You went to your member of parliament because the military has to recompete a contract in accordance with PWGSC regulations?  ???

It was of great concern to prospective members of the CF within my family, as to the presence of educational programs for them, should they join. I was upset too, but I'm nearly finished my degree.  :)

I merely supplied them with the information that was publicly available, they made their inquiries, and were told essentially what I was here - "we're taking care of it", and "we'll let you know".

I can think of two young men who are looking elsewhere for employment right now, as they think that the CF/DND places a low priority on educational programs for enlisted men, and this figured prominently in their enlisting. Dissapointingly, both are looking to the south, which offers both the near guarantee of a deployment, and access to the Montgomery GI Bill educational benefits after their contracts are complete.

I fail to see why it is objectionable to ask the assistance of elected officials when there is no information available through official channels.

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/subjects/daod/5031/5_e.asp

The CF is committed to promoting continuing education for CF members. The importance of continuing education in the CF is reflected in the wide availability of various programs and services developed to meet CF goals and personal goals. Continuing education, on a part-time basis, is made available via the CFCEP, designed as a self-development activity under DAOD 5031-8, Canadian Forces Professional Development.

Not sure why you are saying the CF is anti-education?  Or is it just toward NCMs education?

Negotiated Agreements: The CDA negotiates agreements at the university and college level with English and French academic institutions. The purpose of these agreements is:

to provide easy access to post-secondary education for CF members, and

to establish, in some cases, a CF education coordinator at the institution to facilitate access.

As of April 01 there is no negotiated agreement with any civilian university.

Regardless of the claims made by any number of people, the CFUP administrator at the U of M has been fired (or moved to another position) and the DND is no longer supporting the program.

I am really not too concerned with why the DND/CFCEP is unable to deliver, I care only that the job gets done. It is not getting done, and there will (apparently) be a lengthy lapse in service, so yes, I believe that the CF holds the educational advancement of enlisted men as a low priority, and all of the written facts would seem to support this conclusion.

Back