• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's tanks

Sorry for my last two posts.

Didn't mean to feed an ongoing highjack of a thread about tanks with paras.

Back to your regular tank programming.

;) 🍷

Of the equipment, doctrinal and formation failures in the Ukraine war, using para and air mobile units (as para or airmobile units) are probably top 2. All the air mobile units from both sides are being rerolled into proper mechanized formations. Para should be reserved for SOF and that's it. Because air mobile units are dead before arrival in that kind of air denial environment.

Neither Russia nor Ukraine has a history of effective use of either of those.

While for LSCO’s in high threat areas they definitely need to operate on the periphery, the mobility and flexibility they do offer is hard to beat.

More importantly for areas of low AD threat especially in the competition arena before conflict the ability to insert forces with speed and shock that other means do not.

Neither Russia nor Ukraine has a history of effective use of either of those.

While for LSCO’s in high threat areas they definitely need to operate on the periphery, the mobility and flexibility they do offer is hard to beat.

More importantly for areas of low AD threat especially in the competition arena before conflict the ability to insert forces with speed and shock that other means do not.
The Canadian Arctic enters the chat

;) 🍷
Yes! Airborne tanks!
origin.gif

;) 🍷
Why? Para is a nice change from the thread being highjacked for an Army Organization discussion!

I keep getting confused as to why all these Reserve Restructuring threads get given such strange names...
Maybe it's because any advancements in just about anything "army," needs a restructuring of the "army."

Not just "army reserve restructuring" - that's been proven a path to failure for over 70 years - but "army restructuring."

Back to "Canada's tanks."

🍻

2 bde would also make sense since the QoR is our only ARes jump infantry which could act as a feeder unit of augmentee's to a jump battalion. Benefit to is the QoR is the highest strength ARes unit in the country and is capable of a large amount of support to a reg force jump unit.

One more derail... @FJAG how did the QoR end up as the ARes jump unit ?

Tell us a story Gramps ;)

season 2 lol GIF by #Impastor

I love there's been three or four attempts to get it back to tanks but everyone just keeps talking about restructuring and paratroopers lol. Army.ca as fuck.

Back