• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada doesn’t matter to the rest of the world - and it’s our own fault

Well I guess Canada will be at the kids table by themselves soon

Exactly what will NZ bring to the table? They are a country of 4 million people without a combat air capability - they sold their A-4s decades ago and rely on the Australians for air cover.

Exactly what will NZ bring to the table? They are a country of 4 million people without a combat air capability - they sold their A-4s decades ago and rely on the Australians for air cover.
Have they taken steps to secure themselves from China's interference?

Geography, mainly....

New Zealand’s geostrategic environment is changing due to a combination of ongoing phenomena like rising military tensions in East Asia, the increasing global geoeconomic struggle between the US and China, regional territorial disputes, evolving geopolitical alignments in the Pacific Basin, the growing profile of India as a geopolitical player, Japan’s strategic anxieties, and the wave of technological disruption unleashed by the Fourth Industrial Revolution, amongst others. Plus, as a result of Brexit as a process that is redefining transatlantic relations, the UK and the US might forge even closer ties in several fields, something which entails implications for New Zealand’s national interests. In short, a threshold of transition is in the horizon.

Therefore, Wellington cannot afford to ignore these realities, which present both dangerous challenges and valuable opportunities. Even though New Zealand’s national power is not enough to alter the outcome in any meaningful way, it has to find a way to adapt, especially if it does not want to eventually find itself relegated to a disadvantageous position.

Geographically, NZ is pretty far removed from the nexus of affairs around China, Japan, Philippines, Korea, etc. Their position is somewhat like Canada's: they can free-ride on what Australia does, or choose to be actively involved commensurate with their resources.

I signed up in November and started my recruit course at the unit in February. I think back then they ran a course 2-3 times a year.
Back when recruiting made sense. Took me approximately a month to be on the parade square.
Marching in formed groups. Makes people cry. Really, the armed forces ought to pay psychological damages for claims by people forced to witness a march past.
Can I claim? Seen lots of march past. Do I get extra for being in the march past? My family claim too, I am sure that all my kids are messed up from watching them.

Well since we are talking about Canada becoming less & less relevant in the world and it being our own damn fault...how's this for kickers?

Now I'm not the best versed person out there when it comes to social issues. I understand that putting a carpet ban on all drugs isn't effective for a variety of reasons...

But surely providing fentynal & heroine to the masses isn't the solution either...

Sorry mods, I didn't quite know where else to put this (I remember a discussion not long ago about crime in BC, but can't find it using the search feature - my search feature seems bugged)

Last edited:
But surely providing fentynal & heroine to the masses isn't the solution either...

Sorry mods, I didn't quite know where else to put this (I remember a discussion not long ago about crime in BC, but can't find it using the search feature - my search feature seems bugged)
We have a couple here in Winnipeg that have been arrested and charged with manslaughter because.....GET THIS....

THEIR ONE YEAR OLD CHILD DIED OF FENTANYL POISONING.

Someone is making a tone of money off this safe supply.

BC is a joke at this point. Just a taste of what an NDP gov could bring federally.
The big elephant(s) in the room for me are...

- If the government is buying all these drugs to give to users, are they charging the users any money at all to recover any of these costs?

(Is federal money being used to purchase these drugs? Where are they buying heroine from, to give to users? Etc etc)

- How does this whole 'safe supply' idea work, re the Criminal Code of Canada? (I'm sure the police are just thrilled ...)

- Did they really need to commission a study to determine whether flooding the streets with drugs is benefiting society?

(A quick glance out the window would seem to indicate...nah, it's not really making things look any better out there)

Doesn't basic life experience already tell us that a society where people are working, relatively sober, with healthy families, the possibility of upward mobility, and a fairly clean living environment...

is FAR better off than a society smoking meth & injecting heroine, addicted to opioids, leaving needles on the ground, where nobody really works except the drug dealers & various government employees?

We truly do live in a comical, pre-dystopian clown world where a news article can legitimately title an article "Report recommends government start distributing fentynal and heroine" and it isn't satire...

May I be the first from Alberta to thank BC for worsening our own drug problem.

In October of last year (I think it was October anyway, I could be wrong) we had an all time high of approx 450 opioid-related overdoses in Edmonton region alone.

450 opioid related overdoses just in the Edmonton region in one month. That's not including all the other 911 CFS being attended to for all the other usual medical emergencies, that's just overdoses.

EMS was working especially hard that month.

So let me thank you in advance BC, on behalf of the rest of the country, for indirectly burdening our EMS and hospital systems, court systems, police resources, etc with a noticeable increase in demand as a result of your ideas that should be criminally stupid...

Oh yeah, I'd also like to thank you on behalf of drug dealers across the province that can now source their fentynal to cut their drugs with for free & from a reliable source.

I'm sure Canadian tax dollars aren't indirectly funding a cartel somewhere...are they? Nah, probably not...

You'd think by your own publicly released stats of 2500 overdose deaths in 2023 (I believe an all time high?) that maybe your policy isn't working?

The big elephant(s) in the room for me are...

- If the government is buying all these drugs to give to users, are they charging the users any money at all to recover any of these costs?

(Is federal money being used to purchase these drugs? Where are they buying heroine from, to give to users? Etc etc)

- How does this whole 'safe supply' idea work, re the Criminal Code of Canada? (I'm sure the police are just thrilled ...)

- Did they really need to commission a study to determine whether flooding the streets with drugs is benefiting society?

(A quick glance out the window would seem to indicate...nah, it's not really making things look any better out there)

Doesn't basic life experience already tell us that a society where people are working, relatively sober, with healthy families, the possibility of upward mobility, and a fairly clean living environment...

is FAR better off than a society smoking meth & injecting heroine, addicted to opioids, leaving needles on the ground, where nobody really works except the drug dealers & various government employees?

We truly do live in a comical, pre-dystopian clown world where a news article can legitimately title an article "Report recommends government start distributing fentynal and heroine" and it isn't satire...

May I be the first from Alberta to thank BC for worsening our own drug problem.

In October of last year (I think it was October anyway, I could be wrong) we had an all time high of approx 450 opioid-related overdoses in Edmonton region alone.

450 opioid related overdoses just in the Edmonton region in one month. That's not including all the other 911 CFS being attended to for all the other usual medical emergencies, that's just overdoses.

EMS was working especially hard that month.

So let me thank you in advance BC, on behalf of the rest of the country, for indirectly burdening our EMS and hospital systems, court systems, police resources, etc with a noticeable increase in demand as a result of your ideas that should be criminally stupid...

Oh yeah, I'd also like to thank you on behalf of drug dealers across the province that can now source their fentynal to cut their drugs with for free & from a reliable source.

I'm sure Canadian tax dollars aren't indirectly funding a cartel somewhere...are they? Nah, probably not...

You'd think by your own publicly released stats of 2500 overdose deaths in 2023 (I believe an all time high?) that maybe your policy isn't working?

It seems like so many of these policies are obviously going to degrade society. Yet here we are pressing ahead. It's like trying to make things worse but under the guise of doing good. Clown world indeed.

Geographically, NZ is pretty far removed from the nexus of affairs around China, Japan, Philippines, Korea, etc. Their position is somewhat like Canada's: they can free-ride on what Australia does, or choose to be actively involved commensurate with their resources.
I’m not so sure about that. China is their biggest trading partner. If you think it’s bad here it’s far worse there as far as China goes. What makes us different is our gateway and access to the US.

It seems like so many of these policies are obviously going to degrade society. Yet here we are pressing ahead. It's like trying to make things worse but under the guise of doing good. Clown world indeed.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Why are they - politicians and social work types so damn naive???

Back