• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Camp Experiences

Cdt. Wo.Pongo said:
My staff only watched us do it and helped us out, because it was more efficiant then making a bed for us and having us ask them to do it again. They told us how to do it, but we had to make it, and if it was not correct we had to do it again. So I made sure I learned how to do it really fast that way I never had to redo it.

Not that many people are capable of learning that way (for example ME)

most people learn by seeing it done then doing it them selves
it took me forever to learn to do my "cot" because all i got was a poorly printed piece of paper of what (t think) the bunk was suppoed to look like

People are getting SO worried about everything. When I did BASIC- INDIA COY 2002, I didn't know what I was suppost to be expecting. And thats the way I liked it. I'd rather be surprised, then have this huge story in my head hopeing it happens this way, and when it doesn't, then being really sad. Just chill out, wait until July 9th (I'm guessing thats the date), and get excited. The bus ride up is AMAZING, because for the most part, its the last time you'll be chilling with all your buddies from homecore all at once. Get lots of sleep before you arrive at camp, and just be yourself. Stop worrying, if you have friends at homecore, you'll definality have friends at camp. You'll probally meet one to two people who you'll be attached at the hips with for the rest of the summer. Thats how it usually happens for me. I'll meet two people who are my simoise twins. Six weeks, its a LONG time to go not having any friends. Two weeks- basic was the best camp experience of my life. I loved it, having everything squished into two weeks. Civillians- don't bring them. Track pants are WAY more comfortable then jeans. Eat- who doesn't eat? You're in cadets, no ones going to make fun of you, because your '''fat'''. Cadets- its the only place where everyone is the same, no matter how strong/ weak they are. Everyone are equals at camp. Just wait until camp, you won't want to leave at the end of the 2/6 weeks. I know I won't want to be leaving this summer. I'm SUPER EXCITED brut brut, STAFF!!! YEs!

SGT- ONTARIO REGIMENT 2525

befriend your staff, if they like you, the summer will go by sooo much
Very good idea. If you're homesick it helps a lot. I'd go to echo just to talk to Sergeant Phillips (she was my warrant officer from home). It helped just to talk to staff if I was feeling homesick. Also you might get candy. Sergeant Trojanowski gave section 3 and all the girls in 24 platoon candy.

CaDeT_MaStErBoMbAdIeR@2853 said:
befriend your staff, if they like you, the summer will go by sooo much
Very good idea. If you're homesick it helps a lot. I'd go to echo just to talk to Sergeant Phillips (she was my warrant officer from home). It helped just to talk to staff if I was feeling homesick. Also you might get candy. Sergeant Trojanowski gave section 3 and all the girls in 24 platoon candy.

ha ha sgt Trojanowski was the females section sgt for 25 plt first and then you guys stole her from us because aparently you guys needed another sgt but what ever she wasnt that nice when she first came i remeber steve aka lavioe telkling me some messed up stories about how mean to you guys she was when she first moved to your plt but then she turned nice but whatever my favorite sgt's from g-coy are still and always have been gasser and sanders and the best wo is obviously blint do you guys remeber when he put angela bauers little pink shorts on i still have pictures from that it was way to funny anyways im out g-coy 25 plt 2005 was the best summer of my life ill never forget you guys

Get lots and lots of water! You can never get enough when you are outside all day! :cam:                          :fifty:

For anyone who plans to go to RMNACSTC for Advanced PnD or L&C I would greatly advise you too bring lots of civies, tonnes of body wash and shampoo, as well as a durable cap.  I suggest the civies as when you're in the field you can wear your own clothes (Which is close to 75% of the time, and the summer will be much more comfortable with decent outdoor clothing instead of pt gear...) The bodywash and shampoo as you'll be taking AT LEAST two showers a day for L&C.  Also, if you're from an area thats at sea level run a tonne.  As you will be going up 4000ftish to reach the camp and this affected my run horrendously!  So if you're from a low altitude be aware that you will drop several levels on the beep test.  Also, do your best on the fitness test, give it your all.  I don't care if you get a terrible head ache, dehydrated  or cramps push yourself!  That test dictates what hike and glacier group you'll be put on.  And trust me you'll want a good glacier group (I was in the hardest group) as that climb and the view, and the smell and everything from the top of your mountain will be something you'll carry with you for the rest of your life.  So just train some for the course and be prepared for one memorable and challenging summer, enjoy!

PS: If you screw up on the PT test but your instructors say you're really fit then you may be moved into a higher group, so even if you do crap on the PT test don't lose hope.

Back