• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Call of Duty 3 - Canada strikes back!

The Rifleman

Inactive
Reaction score
Got Call of Duty 3 for Christmas on X-Box 360 - its a great game but was pleased to see the makers including other allied nations in the storyline. There is a good part where you are an Argyle of Canada, but not too sure about the accents!  ::) Anyone out there played this yet?

I've played it, rather enjoyed it. It was kinda cool to get to use a mortar in a video game, I havent seen that before, albiet my gaming time amounts to min/year.

I got it for X-Mas on the Nintendo Wii. It's pretty cool just having to point the controller at the screen where you want to aim, as well as actually doing the actions where you have to plant a charge on something (get the fuse ready, insert the fuse, pull the pin), when you're in a boat, you have to make paddling motions with the controllers, you can make a throwing motion to throw a grenade, etc. Stuff like that really raises the fun level of the game and gets you more involved.

This game is outstanding.I have been laying waste to the German Infantry Corp during the Christmas holidays. I am sure glad I bought my kid a Nintendo Wii!!!! I also like the fact that you can fight as Americans, British, Canadians and the French Resistance.It would kind of be like today just scratch the French and insert the Freaky Deakie Dutch. To bad I have to go back to work monday.

Tow Tripod 

FourNinerZero said:
I've played it, rather enjoyed it. It was kinda cool to get to use a mortar in a video game, I havent seen that before, albiet my gaming time amounts to min/year.

The desert Combat mod of BF1942 gave a mortar to the support guy, but the range generally placed the fall of shot out of eye sight with no way to accurately adjust range, unless you had an observer with VOIP calling it in.

In Company of Heroes (on the pc anyway), you can select the mortor crew, select HE or smoke, then select the target on the map. It seems like a very good game so far.

In Battlefield Vietnam you can also use the mortar if your an engineer.

I really liked the fact in Call of Duty 3 that it wasn't just Britain and America that won the war on the western front, but showed that other countries were there too.

One question, the first British mission, they airdrop those jeeps, did they really do that?

I'm pretty sure Jeeps were dropped in like that.
I know companies were given strict size and weight allowances in order for the military to be interested in them

i got call of duty 3 for ps3, i loved it.  thought it was much better then 2 or 1.  theres not that many games out there where you play as canadians.  i think they should make more!

so I was wrong on the mortar thing, just goes to show just how little I actually play games.

Impressive... Ubisoft is usually good about cultural sensitivity type stuff, being based out of Montreal, but Activision/TReyarch appear to be SoCal based.  *shrug*. Glad to see they aren't too US-centric ;)

so how are the Canadian's accents? They seemed strange to me (Brit).

As for glaring errors you have to expect them. Most "technical advisers" are from the US military and don't have a clue. Colin P is correct - jeeps, arty, and even light tanks were air lifted in gliders. The scene where the SAS are dropped into France is more reminiscent of Vietnam.

Back