• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAF Combat boots policy 2005-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron97 said:
Would anyone know if we can wear our own boots in garrison while at our unit?

I plan on buying these ones: https://oakleyforces.ca/footwear?product_id=1450

thanks

Best thing to do is talk to your Section Commander as every unit has their own rules and sometimes it changes between sub-units.

Aaron97 said:

thanks

How about you wait until you're actually in the Forces and at your unit before you start deciding what kit isn't good enough?

Aaron97 said:

thanks
Check with your CoC or look and see what other guys are wearing. Some units are more relaxed while some aren't. Your profile says you're still a no hook and on your BMQ-L and trades course it is unlikely you're going to be allowed to wear any non-issued kit so it might be better to get your hook first before you go out to get new boots.

I think the lotb is mandatory once issued which is soon for most people. On my dp1 you had to have a boot chit to wear non issued boots or you would get written up. As for non issued boots if you stick with rocky's, swats or magnums you will most likely be fine.

Or by the sounds of things most wont get lotb and be right back to crap

Arty39 said:
I think the lotb is mandatory once issued which is soon for most people. On my dp1 you had to have a boot chit to wear non issued boots or you would get written up. As for non issued boots if you stick with rocky's, swats or magnums you will most likely be fine.

They will be issuing out old stock before issuing the LOTB.

Direction from above has expressly stated that the Interim Temperate Boot and the Wet Weather boots are the only approved footwear if you have not been issued the LOTB.

However, there has been a problem with people getting boots period, regardless of what version, as such I have drafted my subordinates a letter if they're going on a course or tasking should they be asked why they're not wearing issued boots.

80% of the time there's never been an issue and they were able to either get boots at their TD location or they were allowed to continuing wearing COTS boots

LunchMeat said:
Direction from above has expressly stated that the Interim Temperate Boot and the Wet Weather boots are the only approved footwear if you have not been issued the LOTB.

Dear lord they walk among us....................................dinosaurs.........................

Aaron97 said:

thanks
Are you even in yet? Rules for boots vary unit by unit, ask your section commander. Likely won't be allowed to wear your own boots on BMQ.

This is one of the common sense things that regular units actually seem to get right for the most part.

I don't know of many units besides the schools that don't allow COTS boots. You see higher ups in their own COTS boots all the time, I don't see this changing.

Commercial off the shelf, aka the SWATs or Rocky's everyone buys.

PuckChaser said:
Commercial off the shelf, aka the SWATs or Rocky's everyone buys.

Cool! Thanks.

My Chief Clerk just got ordered a pair of SWATs by Supply because they said they would not have his size in for such a long time that it justified them buying him COTS.

Lumber said:
Cool! Thanks.

My Chief Clerk just got ordered a pair of SWATs by Supply because they said they would not have his size in for such a long time that it justified them buying him COTS.
I have 2 sets of Rocky's purchased that way, as no CAF sizes fit properly. Usually the boots are on a short list from local suppliers, you pick them out, return a form, clothing buys them and you pick them up.

PuckChaser said:
I have 2 sets of Rocky's purchased that way, as no CAF sizes fit properly. Usually the boots are on a short list from local suppliers, you pick them out, return a form, clothing buys them and you pick them up.

We have stopped doing that (for the most part) - maybe one in 30 people now get approved for LPO boots. Ottawa says we will fit everyone (they figure 98%) in one of the combined 140 sizes we have in the new LOTB.

I find the LOTB fits more like a commercial boot, even with mondopoint. Still trying them out to see if they'll work for me. I'd love not to spend $200 every 2 years on boots, but I won't deal with stuff that won't fit.

PuckChaser said:
I find the LOTB fits more like a commercial boot, even with mondopoint. Still trying them out to see if they'll work for me. I'd love not to spend $200 every 2 years on boots, but I won't deal with stuff that won't fit.

The biggest problem we are having with the LOTB is that that are both way shorter that what we are used to. Most think the zipper will crap out... but 99% of what we got back was the stitching on the side of the toe box lets go. Apart from the stupid white line on the sole of the zippered boot, most say that with a custom orthotic these are truly more comfortable.

I personally like the laced ones. More professional looking.

BinRat55 said:
We have stopped doing that (for the most part) - maybe one in 30 people now get approved for LPO boots. Ottawa says we will fit everyone (they figure 98%) in one of the combined 140 sizes we have in the new LOTB.
I can always fit comfortably in a size 10 magnum or swat.  No need for 140 sizes. Just make a half decent boot. I haven't seen the new boot so I will reserve judgment but if it is like all the other recent ones, then we will have the same problem.

The other problem with 140 sizes is keeping stock of the common ones.  If you are a size ten you are out of luck on a lot of bases.

Tcm621 said:
I can always fit comfortably in a size 10 magnum or swat.  No need for 140 sizes. Just make a half decent boot. I haven't seen the new boot so I will reserve judgment but if it is like all the other recent ones, then we will have the same problem.

The other problem with 140 sizes is keeping stock of the common ones.  If you are a size ten you are out of luck on a lot of bases.

Someone is focussed on the 100% solution. Go for 80% and it will probably suffice.

This, seriously, is getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back