• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Uniforms (distribution questions)

Wouldn't the difficulties make it more likely for it to be created??? DND isn't exactly the most efficient organisation.

combat_medic said:
Army Brat: I think you're mistaken about the "air force CADPAT". The air force who wear combats at all are wearing the same combats as the rest of us. The only difference is that the newer generation of Cadpat name tags has some blue in it to distinguish them from the best of us army types. Geez, could you imagine the logistical nightmare of have different colours of Cadpat for each branch?!

Geez, like they don't have DEUs for each branch?  Once upon a time they had work dress AND DEUs for each branch; don't the Air Force and Navy still have a form of working dress seperate from combats?

I think we should keep OD specifically for recruits until they finish BMQ.

It's a nice way to remind them that they are not soldiers yet. . .

Why on earth would you want to trouble the forces with a unique order of dress simply so that recruits can be made to feel inferior? Talk about a waste of money and effort. Besides, keeping recruits in line is a job for their instructors.

I don't recall ever hearing that there was a problem with recruits being dressed in the same combats as the rest of the forces when everyone was in OD, so why what's wrong with having everyone in CADPAT?

I say keep giving recruits the OD combats until any stockpile we have left over is burned through, then after that give them CADPAT so there's only one type of combats in the system. Keep it simple people.

I also agree with J. Gayson, I got issued my OD uniform and I found it to be a determining factor. It helps remind the superiors that "Hey, we're knew. Cut us a bit of slack if we don't understand something". Besides, wouldn't it be a waste to scrap all the older OD uniforms so all the new reservists can pass BMQ and then disband with our new CADPATs?

Lebanese Canadian said:
Ok ,the army is one team >>>so there must be one uniform for all members. My opinion

Yes, that is the eventual goal. At some point in the undetermined future, everyone will wear the CADPAT uniform. Until then, some people are "stuck" wearing OD combats.

Not being active anymore I may be out of touch but shouldn't the old stocks of uniforms, if serviceable, be used up first.  Say, for recruits.  After that, let everyone wear the same combats.  After all they are a tool, correct?  Believe me, and I think most will agree I had no trouble remembering my place when I was in basic.  No trouble at all.

XJimmy said:
Not being active anymore I may be out of touch but shouldn't the old stocks of uniforms, if serviceable, be used up first.   Say, for recruits.   After that, let everyone wear the same combats.   After all they are a tool, correct?   Believe me, and I think most will agree I had no trouble remembering my place when I was in basic.   No trouble at all.

Thats what they've been trying to do. The most logical answer in my opinion.

Personally, I miss my olive drab uniform... much better fabric.

Personally, I miss my olive drab uniform... much better fabric.

See, I knew it!!!! I mentioned in another post that it wouldn't be long before there would be people longing for the old combats. Soon people will want to wear them again, as a "retro" thing.

I agree that the first batch of CADPAT was of horrible quality (the first time I washed my 3 sets, 2 pairs of pants had the seams ripped out on the legs..... just from washing them!!!!). They wore out WAAAAAAY quicker than the OD, as well. I just traded in my first (more or less) original 3 pair (due to loosing so much weight that they didn't fit properly anymore) and received the "new" style, that are referred to as "converged" (due to the Army and Air Force adopting a common uniform, if I'm not mistaken) and they seem to be a lot better. They feel heavier, and the quality seems to be quite a bit above the older ones.

Anyway, they will continue to improve them as problems appear, and all will be good in no time flat. Have faith.....

Al

Retro nothing... better quality, and much better in the summer.

I've only seen, never actually worn the new style ones... can you do/undo the buttons wearing gloves? Looks to me like it would be rather difficult.

can you do/undo the buttons wearing gloves? Looks to me like it would be rather difficult.

That's a good question. Haven't had to try yet. Though I'm sure that that must have been one of the requirements during T & E (trials and evaluations). The buttons are more difficult to manage with bare hands, but I  suppose if it's cold enough to wear gloves, you'll be wearing the outer garments (jacket and windpants) anyways, and they have zippers. I'll have to try it with the vehicle crewman gloves or pilots gloves next week while I'm out in the field (too lazy to do it right now  :crybaby:).

Al

I'm pretty sure I'll wind up with all new combats as of tommorow anyway, so if you haven't tried it, I'll give it a try and report.

Well the CWO in my unit told me I could go get them, but the shipment of 34s and 38s didn't come in yet... :(

Ahh the good old convergance CADPAT.  I hate the damn things.. well the fabric is better, the sewing better and the colors stay much much better, but the damn flaps over the pockets.. I can't get them undone with a glove on.  even a nomex flight glove that i have, still gotta take em off.  Oh well, I'll just undo the stiching a bit, and then it will make my life easier :p  but wait, I can't do that, because i could get in trouble.

As of June 2nd all soldiers wee to be issued cadpat...were they not?  Everyone in my unit was, including new recruits....

Anyone have a picture of these "2nd genaration" CADPAT combats?

What is different about the material used for it?  I really like the "combat cloth" used for the OD combats.  It was hard wearing, breathable and dried in a flash.  Is the new stuff the same fabric, but dyed CADPAT?

Back