• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Uniforms (distribution questions)

M

mic911

I want my CADPAT! I heard about a year ago that more than 85% of the army had been issued the now not-so-new CADPAT combats. A bunch of us are still left with the old olive green ones that are falling apart.

Even worse - there‘s supposed to be one standard. I think it looks ridiculous having 2 army combat uniforms.

We‘re supposed to be representing the country, so we might as well all get the new stuff instead of going around in rags.

:soldier:

Thank you for that excellent and well-thought out post. Army Planning is now accepting advice on how to outfit the several thousand soldiers in the Canadian Forces using the current stocks, without an unnecessary increase in production, which would be costly.

Please present your detailed plan on how to accomplish this through the chain of command in your unit. I am sure Army Planning will find your expertise in this area extremely welcome.

if you take a look on this website I posted below you will be able to locate a date in which your individual units should be recieving their cadpat. If your date has passed ask your unit they should be able to inform you.

Clothe The Soldiers

i heard instances of it showing up in surplus stores already hahaha....maybe check there :salute:

I kinda wish i wasn‘t in such a rush to get new uniforms. Now my combats are nearing white and your not allowed to trade them in for fading. Later issues have different die though im told, just have to rip all my uniforms by accident..

I wouldn‘t worry too much about getting your new cadpat to replace your ‘falling apart‘ od‘s. My old od‘s stood up a lot better than the new crudpat which looks like ****(after it fades to white) and literally falls off your body, and yes let‘s not forget not being able to exchange them.

But they look cool!
... Before they fade ...
... If you don‘t mind the rougher, chafing material ...
... If you don‘t get dizzy easily ...

I have exchanged two sets of my cadpad already, they literally came apart at the seems. I would go back to the old tommorrow. So don‘t be in a hurry. :D

How come i see some people wearing the old pure olive green uniform like the one the americans wore in vietnam,and some wearing the new one which is i believe much better.

and so when u finish basic training,u will get the cadpat uniform? wouldnt it be nicer if all members wore one uniform?

Lebanese Canadian said:
and so when u finish basic training,u will get the cadpat uniform? wouldnt it be nicer if all members wore one uniform?

yes, it would also be a lot more simple.  The thing is we dont get new uniforms if the army doesnt pay for it  :-\

I think we should keep OD specifically for recruits until they finish BMQ.

It's a nice way to remind them that they are not soldiers yet. . .

It gives them more of an insentive and another thing to look forward to after BMQ.

Even though I wish I had CADPAT, I totally agree. It saves a lot of extra wear and tear on the newer uniforms, especially if newbies are in for less than a year before they quit, cause that would be a waste.

The military is going through a uniform transition right now. There are many recruits who are in the old OD, and trained soldiers (like myself) who are still in it simply because it's never been issued to them. Likewise, you'll see both recruits and trained soldiers in CADPAT. The army is trying to get everyone equipped with it, but the process has been slow and it hasn't been completely phased in yet. Expect to see more OD for a while.

I have to agree with J. Gayson. The solid olive green pattern should be issued to new recruits and then CADPAT issued after basic training, or maybe even after QL3. It should be a right of passage, a reminder that they aren't superman(or superwoman) and have completed nothing yet.

Right now the CADPAT is being issued to regular force army units and some reserve force army units. Then once all regular force soldiers have it, they will probably issue it to every reserve soldier as well. By the way, the air force has it's own CADPAT, with blue in the uniform. As far as I know, sailors aren't being issued CADPAT, they get the old olive greens when they go into the field. Maybe later down the road the navy will issue CADPAT too once it gets circulated to all army units.

When I went to get all my gear they gave us all CADPAT, but I know that the co-op reservists almost all have the olive drab.  I suppose that is because of what J. Gayson said.  It does make sense.  But the question is where is the cutoff where you get CADPAT.

Army Brat: I think you're mistaken about the "air force CADPAT". The air force who wear combats at all are wearing the same combats as the rest of us. The only difference is that the newer generation of Cadpat name tags has some blue in it to distinguish them from the best of us army types. Geez, could you imagine the logistical nightmare of have different colours of Cadpat for each branch?!

Back