• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

CTS Internet web page@ http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/24_e.asp

I think the Camelbak is only for those going on ops, anyone experience supply issuing to non-ops pers ?

Ive got the camel back, it's quite nice.  Comes with a little cleaning kit and holds 2L.  You don't have to take the bag out to fill it either.
I checked the CTS site, nothing in there.  I dont use the green stuff either, I preffer the American poncho.

Anyone else want to take a crack at this one?

Cheers,
Andrew

Yup. They're issuing it to pers proceeding on Athena.....

Wow. I didn't know that..
I haven't heard anything about it for Op Archer.

You know, it's kinda funny how we have desert CADPAT rain gear that'll get used maybe once or twice over a six month period BEFORE we get TW CADPAT that'll get used consistently back here in Canada  ???

You know, it's kinda funny how we have desert CADPAT rain gear that'll get used maybe once or twice over a six month period BEFORE we get TW CADPAT that'll get used consistently back here in Canada  Huh

No one's going to complain about not having rain gear and being wet in CANADA, we've been wet and cold  for the last 20 years, and we got along just fine didn't we? Nothing has changed.

But getting wet in a thuderstorm in the DESERT? Well tell the BOR back home to get my release papers ready, because there's no way I'm  putting up with that....

I know that the AF has the new TW CADPAT rain gear. They paid the stuff with their own budget.

The Airforces version of CTS is LWCC Light Weight Combat Clothing I think the acronym goes.  They have converged with us on a few designs, like the new rain gear and the "mk 2" combats with the covered pockets.  The Airforce has almost finished issuing their rain gear, I know all the Helo guys on here have it.  The Army bought a bunch on the Airforce's contract that is going to deploying troops.  I know a company from 1 RCR got issued the stuff, and some of the guys in W Battery had it for trials.

Yeah, I was a little confused in supply when I was asked if I wanted the "desert rain pants".  I was glad I took the coat though, it rained here about 10 times during the first 3 weeks of tour.

Cheers,
Andrew

Yup. They're issuing it to pers proceeding on Athena.....

False : This is not the new rain gear. This is DropZone Tactical Recce Smock in AR CADPAT. They are not 100% waterproof. This smock is issued to Op. Athena Soldiers only.

Link to the Smock : http://www.dropzonetactical.com/clothing/reccesmock.html

Link to picture on Op. Athena : http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_f.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=7386&site=combatcamera

Its a little hard in the combat camera pic to see if it is the DZ recce smock,

JimmyPeOn said:
Yeah, I was a little confused in supply when I was asked if I wanted the "desert rain pants".   I was glad I took the coat though, it rained here about 10 times during the first 3 weeks of tour.

And if this person got them through the supply system and was asked about wanting the pants as well, I don't think it is a DZ product seeing as how they don't have "rain pants" on their site

Its a little hard in the combat camera pic to see if it is the DZ recce smock,

Just contact DropZone Tactical and ask for it. You will get confirmed that this is the Recce Smock.

Well, I got it @ clothing stores, I really didnt have any concern as to who made it, and actually it is VERY waterproof.  Dose'nt look much like the pic in your link though.  Anyone seen anything similar coming down the pipes for use in Canada?  I can post some pics if you guys are interested.

"Jacket Rainsuit  NSN:8415-20-000-5753"

soldiers301 said:
False : This is not the new rain gear. This is DropZone Tactical Recce Smock in AR CADPAT. They are not 100% waterproof. This smock is issued to Op. Athena Soldiers only.

What have you got for proof of this, besides a fuzzy picture and your opinion?

The stuff he has is genuine "Stead Fast" garments "steadair" material.  It isn't a dropzone smock.

soldiers301 said:

I think I can say with great certainty that it is indeed a raincoat and not a smock.

Anyways - back on topic - I heard through the grapevine that the Army did in fact trial the Air Force stuff and it wasn't rugged enough to withstand the tasks it was put through, so they're looking elsewhere. I don't know how true that is, but it kinda makes sense...

I recently recieved my joining instructions for ARCON this year, and it mentioned on the kit list that we should have been issued newer raingear, because the old stuff is deemed unfit. So I'm really confused, I only have the OD rain gear, is this the newer issue?

Scaddie said:
I recently recieved my joining instructions for ARCON this year, and it mentioned on the kit list that we should have been issued newer raingear, because the old stuff is deemed unfit. So I'm really confused, I only have the OD rain gear, is this the newer issue?

As far as I know, the OD stuff is the only issued raingear at this time to non deployed army pers. As was stated earlier, the Air Forces guys have CADPAT TW rainsuits, but the army doesn't.

This is probably something you should take up with your Chain of Command at your unit....

Back