• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Videos on You Tube

Probably not, and considering the situation has been dealt with by the appropriate authorities and the video has been pulled... maybe it's time someone locks the thread.

I'd like to point out that Proud Forester added to the discussion before making any off topic remarks.  When those remarks were made they were pretty funny, much more so than you whining.

Evidently you also DON'T get the gist of not deviating from topic to tell other off, which is my job.

Quit now.

There is still a potential for discussion here and the thread will remain open due to it. Further deviation will result in warnings.

Kyle

Kyle Burrows said:
There is still a potential for discussion here and the thread will remain open due to it. Further deviation will result in warnings.
Proud Forester said:
Appropriate action was taken. That is that.

I agree 100%.  It is time to learn from a mistake and move on, with hopes that this will never happen again.

BTW, we had our counselling session on Tuesday.  Most of our cadets do not have the internet at home, and so had no idea as to what You Tube was.

rwgill said:
BTW, we had our counselling session on Tuesday.  Most of our cadets do not have the internet at home, and so had no idea as to what You Tube was.

I'm surprised about the kids not having the internet bit, but that's better left to sociology students.

Out of curiosity, could you give us some more details about the counselling? I'd assume it was along the lines of "don't make videos or take pictures of things that might make the Cadets look bad," but I'm curious as to what exactly the message being pushed is.

Freddy G said:
I'm surprised about the kids not having the internet bit, but that's better left to sociology students.
I live in rural Eastern Ontario.  Only small parts have high speed internet.  Dial-Up really sucks when many sites now include Flash and Applets.  It makes loading a page a headache.

It also takes forever to upload or download videos ;)

Our area is French as is the Cadet Corps.  Most of the internet is in English.  Though many of the cadets are bilingual, only a few parents are.  Out of 40 cadets, at least 10 don't even have computers at home.  The schools have them, but sites like YouTube, flickr et al. are banned sites.

Out of curiosity, could you give us some more details about the counselling? I'd assume it was along the lines of "don't make videos or take pictures of things that might make the Cadets look bad," but I'm curious as to what exactly the message being pushed is.

We explained:

1.  When is a cadet a cadet?  In short, if you state that you are a cadet, then you are a cadet and should act accordingly.
2.  Accountablility when making posts (as a cadet).  Photos, videos, written, signatures, IDs/Login Names
3.  Internet Bullying (as a cadet)
4.  Proper Image portrayal. (cadets)

Starting next training year, we will add this to the CHAP periods.

Back