• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bugle and Trumpet Bands

• Thread starter Thread starter RHLI1
  • Start date Start date
R

RHLI1

Looking to contact any members of the following Trumpet /Bugle Bands of the past.I am writing a book on the subject and would like to get info.
RCR Corps of Drums PPCLI Corps of Drums,GGHG Trumpet Band,30 th RCA Trumpet Band,RCE App. Trumpet Band,RCOC App. Trumpet Band,Royal Winnipeg Rifles Bugle Band,Regina Rifles Bugle Band,Victoria Rifles Bugle Band

I am looking to contact ANYONE who was IN a bugle/trumpet band.

1 RCR Corps of Drums used neither bugle or trumpets to the best of my knowledge (late 70's early 80's). I will try to confirm this tommorrow with a member who was part of the band at that time. At the same time The Royal Canadian Regiment also had a Pipe Band based in Gagetown. The SSF also had a Pipe Band based in Petawawa at the same time.

Pro Patria

RHLI1:

I was a member of the 1RCR Corps of Drums from '79 to '86.  I'm probably the guy that X Royal was referring to in his post above.  Feel free to PM me anytime.

Pro Patria

How about the 3 PPCLI Corps of Drums from 85 to 94.  We had a whole range of bugles and drums.  If you want more just drop a line.

Was in 3PPCLI corps of drums/tow platoon from start up until I escaped in'85 to 2PPCLI.Crazy days indeed,still have a pretty good photo of us marching out the front gate of workpoint,still got my jacket that I designed the crest for.

RHLI1 said:
Looking to contact any members of the following Trumpet /Bugle Bands of the past.I am writing a book on the subject and would like to get info.
RCR Corps of Drums PPCLI Corps of Drums,GGHG Trumpet Band,30 th RCA Trumpet Band,RCE App. Trumpet Band,RCOC App. Trumpet Band,Royal Winnipeg Rifles Bugle Band,Regina Rifles Bugle Band,Victoria Rifles Bugle Band

I am looking to contact ANYONE who was IN a bugle/trumpet band.

Are you still looking for info for RCOC App Band?  If so, please let me know.  I was in one '61-'63.

BernDawg said:
How about the 3 PPCLI Corps of Drums from 85 to 94.  We had a whole range of bugles and drums.  If you want more just drop a line.

As Bern states 'drop a line'. I know where a few of the 3PPCLI guys are on the island. As for Calgary( 1PPCLI) there are a bunch here.

1881willy said:
Are you still looking for info for RCOC App Band?  If so, please let me know.  I was in one '61-'63.

willy, you will most likely not hear back from the original poster of this thread as he is listed as a guest and no longer a member of the board.

i serve during 82-86 i remember the band was located next to c-coy building at workpoint the band was new at the time

Back