• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BT

hiden_dangerous1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
hey,
        i was wondering if BT (basic Training) is as hard as i heard.. i have heard that u march for 15 kms with your rug sac and run for 10 kms? im not sure on any toehr detales can u fill me in? currently i at 16 1/2(still a lad)  and i want to know what i need to train for

i plan on joining res in 6 months once my best fridn turns 16 and i was wondering what it will take..

i am not clear on what you are really asking but dont get too worried about the ruck marches and all the intense PT as you start off slow and work your way up... by the time you are required to do long ruck marches you will most likely be in shape providing you are keeping up with the PT on the course... they build you up over time

oh ok thanks... i thought they were jsut going to throw on the ruck sack and say march!  :-\ but its "clear'er" to me now..

haha no no... they cant expect everyone to do that right off the bat... they understand that many civilians are quite out of shape and trust me.. they WILL build you up

but in my opinion.. MANY aspects of basic training (especially the PT) is 99.99% mental.

metal as in you have to be physo or do you mean not crack under pressure and listen/give orders(depending apon role)

hiden_dangerous1 said:
metal as in you have to be physo or do you mean not crack under pressure and listen/give orders(depending apon role)

Dude... please...spell check.  Cheers!

Well how much weight do they expect you to carry on this 13km march?

Cause that would really help break my boots in on the first day.

usually around 60 kg

your not going to be doing it the first day..

was that what u were asking?  ???

60kg?! Wow..I thought I read somewhere that the load was about 25kg, which is about 60 pounds, but 60kg is about 130 pounds which seems like a pretty hefty load. Are you sure it is 60kg?

There's a minimum kit list which gets your ruck to around 70-80lbs. Webbing, rifle and helmet are extra.

Back