• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bridge Over the Kwai Museum

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
The new Museum is open!
I have been there and donated but before the new museum.
If you get a chance to get to Thailand go ride the railway and see the the item‘s left behind.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/07/13/river.kwai.museum.ap/index.html

This is great. I‘ll be going to Thailand soon. I didn‘t know about this and my grandfather was one of the prisoners who built that bridge. Thanks for the info. Cheers!

Hi NMPeters,
Your welcome,also go to the War Cemetary in Kanchanaburi it‘s somthing to see.

I‘ve posted a link of a very good web site dealing with the War in the Far East,it has link‘s for the Death Railway which make very good reading.

You will like Thailand,food‘s great,people are very nice,the whole country is very clean.
Have a good trip,I‘am planning to go back there in Jan. or Feb. 04

http://www.fepow-community.org.uk/

I‘m hoping to be living there by then. I was actually hoping to be there by now but my house isn‘t selling as fast as I had thought it would. Can‘t wait to get to Thailand though.

NM,
Were about‘s in Thailand,Bangkok?
Lot‘s of Ex.Pat‘s living in Bangkok.
Renting in Bangkok is very exspensive!!!

If I get over there and you get there we should meet up in O‘Riely‘s on Silom Rd. for a pint or two.

Nope. Southern Thailand. Nakhon Si Thammarat. If you do go, send me an email and I‘ll make the trip up to Bangkok for a drink. I‘ll probably need a few days in the "big city" by then.

NM,
living down there give‘s me the exscuse of finaly taking the train to Singapore from Bangkok and rtn.
I‘ve read it‘s a good trip and Malayasia is
somthing to see.
Alway‘s wanted to do it and have a Sling in Raffle‘s and Sunday Tiffen.

Was in Singapore in my youth as a seaman,when it was very liberal,wink,wink nudge,nudge,say no more. :)

Keep tab‘s here and I‘ll let you know when I‘m off.

Back