• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Training Language/ Drill Language

jonathan.paulin

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just a question if anyone would of been in my situation or somewhat like it.

Thing is I am leaving for BMQ on August 18th 2012. And I am not too sure what language I will be doing it, I'm guessing it will be french since its my primary language.. But thing is I am perfectly bilingual and I don't see any problems doing the course in either languages. Other than the fact that I have been in cadets for many years(Yes I just stated that I've been in cadets... oh crap should I feel bad) and I got some drill instructor courses done but I am used to english drill.. Don't get me wrong I know the french one too but just find that french drill sounds kinda weird and is not as direct and serious anyway I like the english commands way better. So I don't think they do french platoons with english drill? its kinda shitty.

Thanks, just wondering how other people in the same situation found the training and what language they had the course.

jonathan.paulin said:
Other than the fact that I have been in cadets for many years(Yes I just stated that I've been in cadets... oh crap should I feel bad) and I got some drill instructor courses done but I am used to english drill.. Don't get me wrong I know the french one too but just find that french drill sounds kinda weird and is not as direct and serious anyway I like the english commands way better.

Perhaps you'd be better off in a french platoon. It would take you out of your comfort zone. You might learn more, have a richer BMQ experience, and all that crap. My :2c: anyway...

AGD said:
Perhaps you'd be better off in a french platoon. It would take you out of your comfort zone. You might learn more, have a richer BMQ experience, and all that crap. My :2c: anyway...

Thanks for posting, considering your advice! Not a bad idea at all.

jonathan.paulin said:
I like the english commands way better.

What you would like is not a big factor in CF decision making.

CDN Aviator said:
What you would like is not a big factor in CF decision making.

Thanks for reminding me that. Thats why I'm joining the forces with no expectations other than expectations towards myself.

Back