• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ/SQ

Whit3

Inactive
Reaction score
I am leaving to aldershot monday for  BMQ/SQ with the reserves. This is my first time in the military and I am looking forward to it, i was just wondering on physical endurance. For the past several months I've been weight training and  I can probably bang off 30 push ups non the less, however For the past week iv been running (I know its kinda late but I just applyed not even 3 weeks ago and now all my qualifications have been met and I'm hired). My first run was about 2.1kms and now im currently up to 3.1kms. I hope to be doing 4km+ by the end of the week which brings me to the end of the road in terms of pre training. By the specs i just provided do you think I will have any challenges in terms of physical ability while in BMQ/SQ? Just to add to the post I am very mentally stable and always up for a challange.

Thanks

:cdn:

Cool, cool, I am at your specs. I am leaving for Aldershot on Sunday and my BMQ is starting on Monday, I guess I'll see ya there buddy.

Don't worry too much about your physical condition. As long as you can run a decent distance and do a decent number of pushups, you will be fine. The course staff understand that many of the candidates on the course are out of shape for the most part, and therefore they will not overwhelm you with ridiculously long running distances and pushups, etc. They will start small and you will gradually be worked up to longer distances and more pushups, etc. You'll be fine.

infamous_p said:
Don't worry too much about your physical condition. As long as you can run a decent distance and do a decent number of pushups, you will be fine. The course staff understand that many of the candidates on the course are out of shape for the most part, and therefore they will not overwhelm you with ridiculously long running distances and pushups, etc. They will start small and you will gradually be worked up to longer distances and more pushups, etc. You'll be fine.

I've been really nervous about the physical aspect of BMQ, this makes me feel better.

i was just wondering how often you get days off when you are doing your BMQ/SQ in Altershot? does anyone know?

jess614 said:
i was just wondering how often you get days off when you are doing your BMQ/SQ in Altershot? does anyone know?

Well.. one of the guys at my unit told us that it depends on how well of a job we do... if we don't complete our goals we won't get the weekends off.

Sydney NS, Just wanted to meet a few people before sunday

NateC said:
I've been really nervous about the physical aspect of BMQ, this makes me feel better.

Me too Nate and I'm a lot older than you are. I think attitude has a lot to do with how well you will do at bmq as well. Just try your best, that's my plan. I'm leaving Saturday for bmq in Borden (navy reserve). Good luck!

NavComm said:
Me too Nate and I'm a lot older than you are. I think attitude has a lot to do with how well you will do at bmq as well. Just try your best, that's my plan. I'm leaving Saturday for bmq in Borden (navy reserve). Good luck!

From your profile your only fourty-five, that's not bad. My uncle went through American special forces training at fourty-two I believe. I am leaving Sunday and am very nervous, I hope I can perform well enough to pass.

Don't sweat the PT too much before you go on course. Get some training in and have fun with it, but don't be hell-bent on getting to that 50 pushup mark before you leave.  Relax a little before you go, too. The NCOs will get you up to the standard they want you at.

Back