• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ September 2007 - ALL locations Thread

George Wallace said:
Really?  You must not get out much or are a real new guy........
I was talking schools (in terms of training).  If there is another base with more schools then I stand corrected.  My main point being it is not Connaught, especially for basic.  Thanks.

No im swearing in on the 30 aug in Vancouver and going to bmq on the 10th of sep. just got my package yesterday. Any one else swearing in, in van?

2 more days then my life doesn't belong to me anymore LOL :) Getting close now, swearing in on Fri. Aug 24... Edmonton.
:)

I'm swearing in on Friday.  I didn't want to start a new thread on a stupid question, but I was wondering about the dress code.  My papers are in French and it seems to say to wear a shirt with sweater (pantalon avec chemise et chandail).  So a dress shirt alone isn't enough?  I'm not very fashion incline.  So I'll have to buy the sweater... I'll choose wrong and end up looking like a total geek...

Hereandnow said:
I'm swearing in on Friday.  I didn't want to start a new thread on a stupid question, but I was wondering about the dress code.  My papers are in French and it seems to say to wear a shirt with sweater (pantalon avec chemise et chandail).  So a dress shirt alone isn't enough?  I'm not very fashion incline.  So I'll have to buy the sweater... I'll choose wrong and end up looking like a total geek...

Mine said something like "business attire".
I've seen pictures of people in suits, dress pants, shirt and tie, casual pants and golf shirt, JEANS (which is a huge no no)
Just dress to impress bro

I'm probably going in a suit.  At least a shirt and tie.

Hereandnow said:
Dress clean, take the ear,nose,eye and lip rings off and get a hair cut. You are getting hired for a job. Use common sense and you'll be fine.

Hi everyone! I finally got sworn in today! I guess I am now a member of the Canadian Forces. Whoever is heading to Borden in Sept...See you all there and good luck to all!

Hey, just found out about this site. I am flying out the first for the course starting on the 4th of September in Borden. Going for Infantry. Who else is flying out of Vancouver?

Juice Monkey said:
Hey, just found out about this site. I am flying out the first for the course starting on the 4th of September in Borden. Going for Infantry. Who else is flying out of Vancouver?

I'm going on the same BMQ. See you there, probably.

i'm going to borden as well. Hey agent zero, does your service number hav the double-o by any chance? They gave me one with 007 for last 3 digits. Just curious since your nickname is agent zero.

Unfortunately, my service number has no 0's. That would be pretty awesome if it did.

I just cleaned this up....keep it to those going on BMQ this spetember

It will help that search feature we tell you to use...

army.ca staff

Juice Monkey said:

I'm flying from Vancouver for the September 4th BMQ, too, and  I think it's a safe bet we've already met at the induction ceremony on the 16th.  I'm flying out on the 1st at 8:00am, so I'll see you on the flight if you're scheduled to leave at the same time.

13 days left untill I fly out! anyone starting BMQ on September 10th in Borden feel free to msg me and we can chat on msn, that way we can familiarise ourselfs with each other seeing as we are going to be spending the next 13 weeks together!!  :blotto:

well just wanted to make that clear!!
;D

have a good day all

I have a question regarding certain gear being brough to BMQ.

My kit list in the joining instructions says to bring 3 combination locks to BMQ. However, I read somewheres else that these locks all have to have the same combination and that this combination must be given to the course instructor?

Is this true?

iv seen that in other posts as well but it is a lot easier to bring 3 locks with same combo less to remember. and that's funny i didn't see anywear on my list to bring locks thanks for reminding me.

Back