• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Not sure if they still do all this stuff we did, but the platoons used to get platoon sweats, with our platoon #, Course # and we had to pick a course "motto".

12 Platoon, 8930, "Challenge To Excel" was our motto...to excel as individuals, as squads (sections now?) and as a platoon.  Running stairs sounds like it could be hard.  Running around in A-stan with full kit, wpns, ammo, water, PPE, etc in 50 degree temps with a enemy actively engaging you sounds LOTS harder. 

Its all there to prep you mentally and physically, and to sort out those who don't pack the gear for military service.  Meet the challenge!

...and have a good time, learn, learn to laugh, learn to stick together.  Work hard, play hard...the rest all "should" fall into place.

The CF is a great family, welcome to it!

Oh, for any of the Armoured types, don't forget to remind everyone else that they are not wearing a black beret, so they are actually second-rate next to you   ;D

(meant in fun, but ya, it is fun to poke at each other, if its kept respectful and in fun). 

Mud Recce Man said:
Not sure if they still do all this stuff we did, but the platoons used to get platoon sweats, with our platoon #, Course # and we had to pick a course "motto".

12 Platoon, 8930, "Challenge To Excel" was out motto...to excel as individuals, as squads (sections now?) and as a platoon.  Running stairs sounds like it could be hard.  Running around in A-stan with full kit, wpns, ammo, water, PPE, etc in 50 degree temps with a enemy actively engaging you sounds LOTS harder. 

Its all there to prep you mentally and physically, and to sort of those who don't pack the gear for military service.  Meet the challenge!

...and have a good time, learn, learn to laugh, learn to stick together.  Work hard, play hard...the rest all "should" fall into place.

The CF is a great family, welcome to it!

Oh, for any of the Armoured types, don't forget to remind everyone else that they are not wearing a black beret, so they are actually second-rate next to you   ;D

(meant in fun, but ya, it is fun to poke at each other, if its kept respectful and in fun). 

Here, Here! Everyone wants that black baret.  Wear it with honour and pride.  .  Everyone is a brother and a sister because this is a family away from your own.  You support every soldier as he/she would support you.  You tell eachother your secrets as much as you dig that trench together.  Some people you get to know better than your personal family.  If you are lazy you will be picked up right away, even if you are below the radar. If you don't shape up, VR.  Just go in and do the best you can and get over the psychology of the game and you will have alot of fun. 

Hot Lips said:
Where's all the OCdts on this thread?...and what course number are you on...I will check mine and post it.

Here! 0086. French IAP serial. Same day, same ETA. (Note the absence of any reference to the writing being :D)

Well i'll be there. I got sworn in Windsor, August 9th. I was the goofy looking guy with a birthmark in his hair if there's anyone from WIndsor here. Basic should be interesting thats for sure. I figure I'd come on here to see who else will be there. My name is Steve Rau, msn is rau_steve@hotmail.com...feel free to add.

Mojo_Risin said:
Well i'll be there. I got sworn in Windsor, August 9th. I was the goofy looking guy with a birthmark in his hair if there'sS anyone from WIndsor here. Basic should be interesting thats for sure. I figure I'd come on here to see who else will be there. My name is Steve Rau, msn is rau_steve@hotmail.com...feel free to add.
BMQ or IAP?

HL

I was there with ya Rau.... i hope you wernt one of the guys in shorts.

Hey guys!

Holy Moly! I get sworn in Monday! My friend Pawich was sworn in today , it was very small at CFRC Wpg with only 3 people. Our flights are booked at different times ... apparently thats cheaper ( moral of troops... orrrrr let the government pay about 30 bucks less , lol ). It was cool and got me psyched for mine!

Pictures to come.

15 Days and a Wake Up. St Jean Bound.

osjesso said:
Hey guys!

Holy Moly! I get sworn in Monday! My friend Pawich was sworn in today , it was very small at CFRC Wpg with only 3 people. Our flights are booked at different times ... apparently thats cheaper ( moral of troops... orrrrr let the government pay about 30 bucks less , lol ). It was cool and got me psyched for mine!

Pictures to come.

15 Days and a Wake Up. St Jean Bound.

But....thats 30 bucks more for POL, ammo...FMRs...for our troops...ya know!

:D

How true. It's okay , but it would have been nice to spilt the cab fee to St Jean  ;D Jk. It's all good , Im very excited!! 

hey after 11 weeks of fun, sun and games you will have had your fill of EVERYONE.  :blotto:

Luck and loyalty to the lot of ya!

It's getting closer  ;D
Will swear in this coming Tuesday...can't wait...and I promise this OCdt to be will not wear shorts and sandals  :p

HL

:rofl:

Good one Springroll...as you can see spell check didn't get that one...I was sleep deprived...as you can see by the time of the post...just so everyone knows...I can stay up for days...but what comes out of my mouth some of the time will most likely have you rolling on the floor laughing hysterically... ;D

HL

Hey everyone,

I was sworn in yesterday, and start IAP on August 28th. I believe my course number is 0093.  I'm excited and anxious. Should be great.

Is this a Reg Force course or a Reserve.. they've changed the platoon numbering system since I was there 3.5 years ago so its kinda hard to tell.

4 courses for iap on the 28th
i0083e
i0093e
i0085e
i0086f
this is a pilot course on a new course

good luck and take care of your feet

Back