• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

I'll be there too as infantry. My name is Ryan and I am coming from Owen Sound, Ontario. I just got the call from Barrie recruiting on Tuesday.

I'm Jayden, in to be a vehicle tech from Halifax, got sworn in on Thursday, so I think I may have already met a few people on here. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!

Names Tyler, joining all of you in 2 days. Coming from Ottawa for Vehicle Tech. Beyond excited for this opportunity, not only for myself but for all of us.

My name's Mathieu, Joining as Infantry from Ottawa. The excitement is definitely ramping up!

so a ticket company is gonna fight this for you? why not just pay the fine and get it out of the way before basic. your going to have to spend money one way or the other..

I think that this one has run its course plus a lap or two. Locked. If somebody has anything absolutely brilliant to add, let one of the DS know.

My name is Josh, and I am attending BMQ March 14th as well, as a Medical Tech. I'm from Miramichi, NB. Look forward to meeting everyone!

Hey, my name's Sean and I'll be attending BMQ march 14th too. I'll be coming from Cornwall ONT. I'm going in for Infantry and can't wait to meet everyone and start on the 14th!

Hey guys, I'm Adrian. What are you guys doing for running?  Thats the only thing I'm not excited about haha. I'm running about 2 k a day. I signed up for crewman out of London Ontario. I will also be starting Basic on the 14th.

Hey adrian! Running is going to be the worst part for me too lol,  i can run 2.4k (1.5miles) on a treadmill in under 12 minutes on a good day. but im going to try to run it outside to get a real feel for it. The weather has been too bad lately here in Cornwall ONT. Though so ive been stuck on a treadmill forever... I'd suggest trying to run 2.4k in under 12 minutes as that seems to be what they expect from us.

that's awesome!  I just finished my morning run. Calculated it out actually running 2.8k in roughly 25 min(don't have a wrist/stop watch) outside. Hasn't been that bad weather wise in London with sweat pants, a hoodie and light shell jacket. Just have to get my pace up. :) keep up the good work though you're putting up some good numbers!

For runs you should aim for 5kms in 25 minutes.  Also try some 8km and 10km runs so your body will see what it feels like pounding pavement for an hour.

On a treadmill you're not really running you're lifting your legs while the belt moves under you.  It's an okay thing to do if you absolutely can't run outside but if at all possible,  run outside.  Running in - 10C won't kill you.  A treadmill vs road is like night and day.

You need a watch.  Go buy a watch.

Thanks jarnhamar! I'm actually getting everything from the civilian list for basic today, so I'll make sure to get a watch. I'll Just keep pushing myself to go longer and faster, have to start somewhere though right?  I appreciate the input always helps!

Hey i'm Will coming out of Quebec city going for Combat eng, snow storm here today and i was able run 3k in 19 min... Crappy 3k time but considering most of it was 6 inches of powder, not too bad. From what my buddies told me who have gone through basic in the last 2 years, 5k in under 25 is really what we have to aim for. If we are not up to par on that the rest of the platoon will be circling back to come get us which would really suck.

Cole, when is your swearing in? Mine is March 3, I have to be at the Moncton Recruiting office for 9am.

Josh

two more days and the journey begins boys and girls! Doing my run (3.5k) in 13min and 45 seconds. I also don't think my first post of run times were accurate. I was just guessing, having a watch is key! Thanks for giving me the advice and more motivation to keep pushing harder and faster! The weather has been outstanding in London! I found both toothbrush and soap holder in white at wal mart, maybe try there?

P.s
Who else is having trouble sleeping because of the excitement?

Adrian

Back