• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Brojo said:
Yep, I am!

Good to hear brother (or sister). We will have to meet up when we arrive before the training gets rolling, will be good to have a familiar face to get started with.

Where did you swear in?

*Edited my ignorance.

Right on EHarps.  I sure do want that basic para course, what about yourself? I hope there is no weight limit though as on a light day I'm 230lbs, though I expect to drop 30ish lbs and a bunch of gym strength, but we will see what happens.  Also I don't really want to do maintenance  on LAVs.  After spending the last 4 years working on a drilling rig I would like to not have to maintain heavy machinery anymore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IVRboPzf2W
Cool video on Canadian paratroopers

See you there,

Cheers,

Infantryornothing said:
Right on EHarps.  I sure do want that basic para course, what about yourself? I hope there is no weight limit though as on a light day I'm 230lbs, though I expect to drop 30ish lbs and a bunch of gym strength, but we will see what happens.  Also I don't really want to do maintenance  on LAVs.  After spending the last 4 years working on a drilling rig I would like to not have to maintain heavy machinery anymore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IVRboPzf2W
Cool video on Canadian paratroopers

See you there,

Cheers,

I hope to if I can make it through. I've been training for a while but I'm still nervous. I am around the same as you, 6'1 and 232 lbs with a heavy muscle build (and a small soft layer from my best friend/worst enemy, beer)  :cheers:

For now, I am excited to get started and see how I perform. Hopefully I can get to the level I want but for now I am setting my sights, pun intended, on doing the best I can at BMQ. What platoon are you on?

See you Saturday.

Evan

Same height aswell.  My worst enemy has been pizza, and not working 12-16 hour shifts up north for the last 7months,  but the nice thing is that the heavier I weigh, the more I can bench press haha.  Not sure on which platoon.  I imagine I will find out tomorrow at my swearing in ceremony...?  Sounds good man,  I'm sure you can get to the level you want if your hungry for it.  Cya there man,

Zane

Infantryornothing said:
Same height aswell.  My worst enemy has been pizza, and not working 12-16 hour shifts up north for the last 7months,  but the nice thing is that the heavier I weigh, the more I can bench press haha.  Not sure on which platoon.  I imagine I will find out tomorrow at my swearing in ceremony...?  Sounds good man,  I'm sure you can get to the level you want if your hungry for it.  Cya there man,

Zane

Yeah they will tell you at your swearing in, hope for 123E! haha Yeah I was in a good routine for working out and running, but I just moved recently and that messed me up. I think it will be a bit of a shock but I can pick it up.

Found out I'm in 122e. The captain said there are At least 7 infantry recruits heading out on Saturday flying out of Calgary

Infantryornothing said:
Found out I'm in 122e. The captain said there are At least 7 infantry recruits heading out on Saturday flying out of Calgary

Ah that's cool man. I'll see you there tomorrow. I'll be in around 1600, shaved head, bright green under armour bag, if you see me come say hi

Hey all,

Received my offer today for the January 11th BMQ.

Figured I would start a thread for anyone else who receives this date.

Janto said:
Hey all,

Received my offer today for the January 11th BMQ.

Figured I would start a thread for anyone else who receives this date.

I just received my call today for Vehicle Tech! BMQ for January 11, but we have to be there for the 9th which is a Saturday. Also I re-enroll on January 6.

Montreal. Are you gonna be on the english or french platoon? If english, i'll be along with you

congratulations guys. i wish you the best of luck at basic. i hope my application process goes smoothly so i can join the forces next year

xshafted said:
Montreal. Are you gonna be on the english or french platoon? If english, i'll be along with you

I will be in the english one - coming in from Toronto

Im Doug, I've found my way onto your course also. Just found out this morning!  Infantry, omw from Abbotsford BC on January 8th! Lookin forward to meeting you guys.

Back