• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ In Esquimault Shut Down Due to Recruits’ Bad Behaviour

At first glance at the title one could think it might have been the instructors but in this case it seems the problems were the recruits.

Given the huge verging on almost insane amount of screening that is supposed to be happening prior to them attending or so we keep being told....what the hell happened ?

perhaps they were just following the example shown from OW and those who complained just had a different perception? But seriously, you can't really know a person until you have lived with them and time has permitted their true attitudes to come to the fore. That is one reason why our divorce rate is so high. I would say that the basic course is doing exactly what it should do: it is weeding out those who are not suitable. Keep it going.

That is one reason why our divorce rate is so high.

Another reason is because the CAF member thinks their career in this dog and pony show is somehow a priority over their spouses. Not too many husbands and wives with degrees and professions want to follow their spouses and work at the base Canex or MFRC for 25+ years. Relationships are about balance and compromise on both individuals.

Another reason is because the CAF member thinks their career in this dog and pony show is somehow a priority over their spouses. Not too many husbands and wives with degrees and professions want to follow their spouses and work at the base Canex or MFRC for 25+ years. Relationships are about balance and compromise on both individuals.
I think he meant divorces in genaral.

But yes to what you are saying. Which is why I hope one of the positives of the pandemic is working from home options that can be made permanent for some employers.

Given the huge verging on almost insane amount of screening that is supposed to be happening prior to them attending or so we keep being told....what the hell happened ?

Many years ago I discovered that I had a Private soldier in my company who was a Nazi. A real, card carrying, ski headed, stiff armed salute kind of Nazi.

We had no idea until the CSM, watching the TV while getting ready for parade night, saw him being interviewed on TV by some reporters who managed to get him to answer the door at a local building that was known to be a Nazi club house.

He was mustered out pretty quickly after that.

All that to say, and I'm not making excuses for anyone, sometimes it's hard to uncover how dodgy some people are especially if they're really good at hiding their allegiances.

I'm guessing that they were all places on PRB because they witnessed something and didn't report it maybe?

Sigh this is going to delay recruiting even more as they trying to pick the pepper from the flyshit. At some point your going to have to accept that your getting a cross section of society and just keep a close eye on their behaviour. Perhaps having a course Corporal room at the end of the barracks will keep people from being to stupid?

Sigh this is going to delay recruiting even more as they trying to pick the pepper from the flyshit. At some point your going to have to accept that your getting a cross section of society and just keep a close eye on their behaviour. Perhaps having a course Corporal room at the end of the barracks will keep people from being to stupid?
Ethics and morals should be part of the course along with drill and PT.

I agree that, in spite of whatever CAF recruiting does, they are tapping into a piece of the Canadian demographic, and it includes this stuff. Without knowing the actual content, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the ones caught sending the pic and texts judged inappropriate were genuinely surprised since they have grown up in an environment where sharing, well, just about everything, is normal and have probably never been called out on it. Your every action, thought, view and opinion is important and valid simply because you have them.

Does recruiting even dig into their social media activity?

My wife saw this case on the news. I said "this isn't a reflection on the CAF, this is a reflection on Canadian Society and Canadian parenting".

The "PRBs for all!" reaction...not sure I'm 100% behind this COA.

In essence and in practice it should clear those who were not active in the incidents. Those that were will be released I would hope.

Perhaps the wording of the article is bad, I would think the better COA would be:

• conduct AIs (interviews) to determine who was involved and to what extent;
  • for those involved in actions contrary to CAF ethics, policy, etc, convene a PRB/TRB;
  • for those involved above, concurrently conduct UDIs; and.
  • take appropriate discip/admin actions.

perhaps they were just following the example shown from OW and those who complained just had a different perception? But seriously, you can't really know a person until you have lived with them and time has permitted their true attitudes to come to the fore. That is one reason why our divorce rate is so high. I would say that the basic course is doing exactly what it should do: it is weeding out those who are not suitable. Keep it going.
I agree, and I suspect that the students still in the CAF will be better members having seen that there are consequences to inappropriate behaviours.

Perhaps the wording of the article is bad, I would think the better COA would be:

• conduct AIs (interviews) to determine who was involved and to what extent;
  • for those involved in actions contrary to CAF ethics, policy, etc, convene a PRB/TRB;
  • for those involved above, concurrently conduct UDIs; and.
  • take appropriate discip/admin actions.
I'll buy that for a buck. We should hire out as "consultants" to whoever will pay us huge sums of $$

I'll buy that for a buck. We should hire out as "consultants" to whoever will pay us huge sums of $$

Thankfully, the UDI/CL training we do is accurately reflected on our MPRRs....damn. It isn't.

Well, I have the Certificate of Military Achie....damn!

Back