• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ filled up for this summer?

Handed in my papers in November, got called in January for testing. After testing was done and my papers got sent away (February 2nd), I wait 13 weeks until my papers came back, which is a while, but still not nearly as long of a wait as some of the people I've heard about. You'll be lucky if you make it in for autumn training.

-Rohann

There was an article in the Star a few days ago citing comments by the auditor general about the inefficiency of the Canadian Forces' recruiting process.
That said, while I've been waiting a long, long time, I've had a pretty good experience with the recruiters I've come across.  They've been happy to help, indulged me in my questions, and have done what they could to hurry the process along.  It just seems that somewhere along the line things get held up, kinda frustrating.

Anyroad, if I don't end up getting in this summer, at least I've got a full time job as a security guard.  It's not digging trenches at Meaford and running with a kit, but at least I get to hike up my pants and say "Move along, ma'am, move along."

Kate723 said:
Speaking of taking your medical, how long did it take them to call you? I've been waiting two weeks since I did my CFAT and I'm getting impatient LOL!!
You waited my recruiter told me to call them if they hadn't called me in to weeks which I did and now I only need to finish my interview and book an date for the PT.
Cabose

Well I've done my medical and interview, and it turns out I'm going to be doing my training part time in the fall :)

I've done a few searches, but i can't find the answer I'm looking for. How does the part time training work? I know you go on weekends, but how long does it take to complete everything that way? And is anything left out? (sorry if that's been asked before, I couldn't find it if it was) And where will I be sent? I'm assuming gagetown, cause i live near it. If anyone wcould help, I'd be greatful!

When ive spoken to my recruiter, on several occasions, they have always said that they are running a new BMQ(Full time) every week. Ive been kinda worried about me missing a BMQ.

Ive had my app in since April, and due to a little medical mix up(they forgot to do my drug test, and sign my papers), my app is being reviewed on the 29th of June. I applied for LCIS. So I'm counting the days, hoping i and quit my current job, and move on ASAP.

techie said:
Ive had my app in since April, and due to a little medical mix up(they forgot to do my drug test, and sign my papers), my app is being reviewed on the 29th of June. I applied for LCIS. So I'm counting the days, hoping i and quit my current job, and move on ASAP.

Don't worry.
My application went in July 2005 and I am only now on the merit list.

Springroll said:
Don't worry.
My application went in July 2005 and I am only now on the merit list.

Ouch, i would be quite annoyed if that happened to me. I was calling every week to get an update on my application.

I dont think i could go that long waiting though. Doing my current job for another year would drive me insane.

My application went in in febuary and my BMQ starts August 14th. If found the recruiters were quite helpful and did a good job processing me. Unlike you guys I didn't have to wait for a phone call for my medical or physical, they told me when I would be doing those things after my interview.

Back