• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ February 2012 - Who's going?

tylerlleslie said:
I think I am the only one NOT from Ont. HAHA

Yet you'll be here soon enough, being posted to RCR and all.  Don't worry, we only kill outsiders on stat holidays.

tucker95 said:
How old is everyone?  Just curious, I am 27.

I'm 25.

McCooligan said:
Yet you'll be here soon enough, being posted to RCR and all.  Don't worry, we only kill outsiders on stat holidays.

I'm 25.

YAY Meaford, I hear it really is the funnest place on earth. LOL

You're not the only outside Tyler, I'm from Regina, but I got accepted to the PPCLI. Course date Feb. 6th for Infantry. Excited to start!

Thunda said:
You're not the only outside Tyler, I'm from Regina, but I got accepted to the PPCLI. Course date Feb. 6th for Infantry. Excited to start!

Awesome. Do you know what platoon you are with for BMQ?

LOL speaking of outsiders, I feel like I'm the only recruit that's not Infantry.  All of you in your 20s are making me feel old! I'll be turning 33 in March.

3 weeks now. I'm starting to get really nervous excited!

ACOpJ said:
LOL speaking of outsiders, I feel like I'm the only recruit that's not Infantry.  All of you in your 20s are making me feel old! I'll be turning 33 in March.

3 weeks now. I'm starting to get really nervous excited!

Haha. You get to b course "senior citizen"

Tyler - Young at heart  ;D

Hodgson - I have it. I can email it to you. I'll look through the thread for your email address, if it's not  here, just send me a pm. If anyone else wants a copy, let me know.

I am 29 y.o from Toronto, and speaking in regard of age, let me put in this way, when my ass is going to be in danger, I wouldn't know who is going to be save my ass -- a brave old man or a young dude join infantry, who just wanted to have fun because it is going to be look cool, holding guns and pulling trigger?  However to serve country, you don't need young people but brave people.

Anyways I am not brave enough, I am already nervous  :eek: I hope I don't mess up once reach there.

TOBY0729 said:
I am 29 y.o from Toronto, and speaking in regard of age, let me put in this way, when my *** is going to be in danger, I wouldn't know who is going to be save my *** -- a brave old man or a young dude join infantry, who just wanted to have fun because it is going to be look cool, holding guns and pulling trigger?  However to serve country, you don't need young people but brave people.

Anyways I am not brave enough, I am already nervous  :eek: I hope I don't mess up once reach there.

It's all about attitude! "Hoping you're not gonna mess up" is just setting yourself up to fail. Tell yourself it will be fine and you will be.... It's all just a game and the right attitude will make you win.

Tyler

I know I will be okay, but thanks for the motivation:) so Tyler, you and me in same regiment same trade eh! keep in touch with me. I will be enrolled on 25 th January. So How do you planning to get to Mega? I don't know anything, how are they going to do my travel arrangement.

TOBY0729 said:
I know I will be okay, but thanks for the motivation:) so Tyler, you and me in same regiment same trade eh! keep in touch with me. I will be enrolled on 25 th January. So How do you planning to get to Mega? I don't know anything, how are they going to do my travel arrangement.

Do you know what platoon you are in? There are 2 starting Feb 06. I am in R0437E (R25). As far as I know they are flying me from Halifax to Montreal on the 4th and I will meet a BMQ transit there. Thats all I have been told thus far.

Toby, contact your file manager about your travel. When I got my offer, he asked me if I planned to drive there. I am driving from Ottawa. If I didn't have a car, I assume they would have probably put me on a bus or train (cheaper than flying from here).

I have no idea if they book your travel before or after you are sworn in, so you're better off to contact them now, and just ask.

See you in Feb!  :snowman:

Thank you ACOpj, I will ask them on Monday. So what are you doing as for physical training?

Lots of Infantry guys and from Ontario as well... Hence i'm extremely jealous :(

Good luck to yall tho, no pain no gain. Remembah!!

TOBY0729 said:
Thank you ACOpj, I will ask them on Monday. So what are you doing as for physical training?

I went over what I'm doing higher up in the thread. Basically, lots of interval running, situps and pushups, resistance training, and other cardio on my "no run" days.

I'm working on improving my endurance during running, but it has not been easy. I find jogging a certain distance tires me out more than sprinting the same distance. I'd like to get back outdoors, but they don't plow my neighbourhood often, and now the slush has turned to ice. I'll be damned if I'm going to hurt myself before bmq!

New Facebook group.. feel free to join if you wanna shoot the shit or get more info:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/351609774850099/

TOBY0729 said:
Hey Guys first of all congratulation to all of you who made it through to BMQ as well as wish you all the best for those who are next to attend BMQ. I got a call on Thursday and being informed that I have been selected for RCR infantry and starting BMQ on 6 February, my platoon no is 0437E , recruiting out of Toronto. I will be enrolled on 25th January and heading on 4th February. Anyways if interested link up with me @ tarun-c@hotmail.com.

Hey, I will also be enrolled on the 25th Jan and heading out of Toronto on the 4th!!! I don't have my platoon number but I'm thinking I should probably call to find out. I'm going in as a Hull Tech in the Navy. Can't want to see everyone there!

Back