• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ AUG 21 - St. Jean

135hrs,24mins till I board the bus. I can hardly wait, I feel like a kid waiting for christmas to finally arrive.
I am lookin forward to meeting you guys and kickin some a**.BAMM!!! :cdn:

Christmas are you kidding me? I don't think Christmas and ol' St. Nick can compare to BMQ at the moment  ;D.

Hey guys, its nice to see everyone so excited to be headed to St Jean.  It really is a cool, and in the end, rewarding experience.  But during this last week you have at home, REALLY take advantage of sleeping in your own bed, not shaving(lol...shaving everyday for 11 weeks sucked for me!), being with friends,girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, kids etc etc.
    I'll throw out a few BMQ tips of my own if anyone is interested...........Stay positive.  A good attitude can make a crap week just that much better...and it rubs off on others.  Get some good insoles for your combat boots.  You will spend an ENORMOUS amount of time on your feet ( especially 8 hours of topography hiking through the woods!)...and just being marched around all the time, the ruckmarches, everything.  I've been out of basic since May 10th and I'm just getting all my feeling back in my toes. :-\
  Do your job.  Very simple.  The people on basic that get through with no problem and no issues are the ones that simply did what they were instruced to do by their staff.  They will tell you that from day one.  " If we tell you to do something or to have something done, do it...it's your job"  That means if they tell you to have your stuff sewn by Monday, do it all weekend if you have to , and everything will be alllriiiiight.  Don't do it, and you'll see!
      La Fiesta is only a 10$ cab fare from the Mega and drinks are  only Two bucks!!!  Enjoy it :)
  I guess finally I would say TEAMWORK..........It means everything there.    You guys will end up having your cliques, usually the group of people in your immediate sleeping area.  Get together with them and do laundry together.  Someone who is good at shining shoes should do shoes, while the other people take care of the ironing and the folding of kit, etc etc etc.  You'll see.
  Oh and one more thing.  After you get issued your shoes...........brush shine them every night.  Don't skip a night or put if off till a later time.  When the time comes, at around week 4 or 5, they will tell you to start spit shining your boots.  If you dont have a really good base coat of brush shine, you will not be able to properly spit shine those bad boys.  And you will be expected to have a nice shine!
    Have a good time guys, and hope some of that helped.
Cheers
Steve :cdn:   

Thank you for the great advice, CallofDuty...believe it or not, it does mean alot!

Thanks for the wishes of god luck, armyrules!
I wish you the best of luck too!!
We'll meet for a beer sometime!

Sure thing Springroll and have loads of fun over there I'm soo jealous :)

Great post CallofDuty all wonderful ideas you mentioned... $2.00 for a drink I like that one the most :D :salute:

6 days until go time! I hope everyone also has a safe flight on the 19th and 20th also.

Rory said:
6 days until go time! I hope everyone also has a safe flight on the 19th and 20th also.

You getting nervous yet, Rory?

I have 5 days til departure and the excitement is now gone..now it just feels like I am so rushed that I won't get everything done that I want or need too.

A bit, the whole OH CRAP NO TIME LEFT! is what is kicking in right now. Gives me a reason to start that autobiography before I fly out in 4 days. But ya I know what you mean about the whole everything is rushed now, you forget one thing and bam so little time to make up for it.

Rory said:
A bit, the whole OH CRAP NO TIME LEFT! is what is kicking in right now. Gives me a reason to start that autobiography before I fly out in 4 days. But ya I know what you mean about the whole everything is rushed now, you forget one thing and bam so little time to make up for it.

You haven't done your autobiography yet? Geez...I should have got on your case a couple weeks ago to finish it!
Mine is done, printed and ready to go(with a copy in case I need to "redo" it....lol). Now just have to print out my security clearance form with the extra addresses and employers that wouldn't fit on the page.

Still have some shopping to do, the small things that you can't really forget or leave for later...and of course, spend time with the kids and hubby before I leave.

Im finding that the hardest to deal with right now is divi'ing up my time between  best friend , boyfriend and family. And then realising omg , theres only 10 days left ( and less for you ).  I still have the little stuff to do , finishing up that today. Opening a new bank account ( RBC , you can actually get a Debit card anywhere in Canada if you loose it... which is super good instead of having to go to your home unit ). And getting a void check.

Anyways folks , hopes all well.

Cheers ,

JESSO

Wow seems weird that it's only a few days until I leave. Still haven't touched my autobiography, or went to the bank, or started packing. I guess maybe I should get off my ass and do it.

67hrs57mins untill I get on the bus for St. Jean. I'm all packed, though I still haven't touched the autobiography yet. It seems every night now as soon as I close my eyes I start BMQ and wake up in the morning feeling like that is the case. Yestarday was my last day of work so all I have to do is hang out with the kids and count the minutes.

crap, i have everything ready except the autobiography... enh, that will give me something to do on the 11 hour train ride.

Why not do it before you leave, then that 11 hour train ride can be spent sleeping....

Its only 500 words folks...that's not really that much!  If it were me....and admittedly its not...I would start the "get the work done then relax" mindset...the earlier the better.

Follow the format and include all the "suggested" info, remember if its not up to standard...you get to redo and redo it.  Get into the habit of doin' it right the first time.  Just my advice though.   ;D

500 words... how am i going to fit my exhilarating and wonderfull life into 500 words.... ::)
I would follow that mind set Mud, but 11 hours... i ned something to do in that 11 hours

Back