• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ May 2011

Alright, at long last I've finally received my instructions. I'm officially slated for L0060E 16 May to 25 Aug.

Saskboy said:
Alright, at long last I've finally received my instructions. I'm officially slated for L0060E 16 May to 25 Aug.

And a quick profile creep reveals you're an INF O, right on :) I'll see you on course

Rogo said:
And a quick profile creep reveals you're an INF O, right on :) I'll see you on course

Aaaaah! Creeper! Just kidding. I see you're likewise. Looking forward to it!

I'm just curious, but what does the trade distribution look like for each serial? L0058E is a whole whack of ACSO and some Pilot but also a lot of Navy trades as well. Should be good!

Only one week though! Aaaah yeaaaah!!!

Dou You said:
I'm just curious, but what does the trade distribution look like for each serial? L0058E is a whole whack of ACSO and some Pilot but also a lot of Navy trades as well. Should be good!

Only one week though! Aaaah yeaaaah!!!

MARS, ENGR, and LOG mostly.

On mine there is over 10 nursing, 7 mars, 5 log and a variety of engineers.

7 days until we show up at St-Jean. I can't wait !!

I recognize a lot of the names on the list from recruit camp at St-Jean last year. In addition, the majority of the people are too young to already
have a university degree. I think there are very few DEO guys, if any. It would make sense that the DEO guys are only on the winter courses, seeing
as they are available at that time and us ROTP guys are not. But, that's only a guess.

I'm surprised by how few combat arms people there are. If I counted correctly, there are 3 arty, 2 armoured (myself included), 1 infantry. There's also a few
combat engineers no doubt, but I'm not sure exactly what your MOS abbreviation is.

It's a bit unfortunate that our summer leave gets split into two halves, a week before BMOQ and a week after, giving us little time to travel. But it means
we stay focused and I'm sure everyone is doing all their last minute little preparations. Going over ranks, learning to sew properly, setting your biological
clock back to a 5 AM wake up, etc. Also, don't forget to bring your own Mr.Clean magic eraser. 1 box for 2 and a half sections is just not enough...

I also wanted to know if everyone here got the same instructions concerning the documents you need to bring. My joining instructions said to bring pretty
much everything that I first brought to the recruiting center while I was in the recruiting process. However, my ULO informed me that, since I'm already
"in the system" that the only documents that I need to provide are my leave pass, my travel pass and my reimbursement form. I want to know if anyone
else got these same instructions.

I'll see you guys when I get there next Saturday, last time I spoke with the other Montreal guys, they all intended to bring their cars too, so we'll have cheap
and easy transport to Montreal when our confined to base time is over.

P.S: To the Toronto lady who's doing this at the age of 46...Christ, good for you lady, I hope I have that kind of drive when I'm older.

VladimirK said:
I recognize a lot of the names on the list from recruit camp at St-Jean last year. In addition, the majority of the people are too young to already
have a university degree. I think there are very few DEO guys, if any. It would make sense that the DEO guys are only on the winter courses, seeing
as they are available at that time and us ROTP guys are not. But, that's only a guess.
Exactly, these summer courses are for the RMC and ROTP dudes and dudettes that are only availiable due to school at these times.  DEOs being course loaded on these courses is certainly not heard of but they are the exception rather than the norm.

VladimirK said:
I also wanted to know if everyone here got the same instructions concerning the documents you need to bring. My joining instructions said to bring pretty
much everything that I first brought to the recruiting center while I was in the recruiting process. However, my ULO informed me that, since I'm already
"in the system" that the only documents that I need to provide are my leave pass, my travel pass and my reimbursement form. I want to know if anyone
else got these same instructions.

The joining instructions for St Jean are set by default for people that are brand spanking new to the system.  Some of the paperwork requirements that they need you do not need as that stuff has already been done for you.  Generally when you travel domestically with the CF all you need is your claim and transport details.  I wouldn't worry too much about the documentation needed unless it is specific to St Jean.

On my course last summer, there was a 3 hour block set aside for people to fill out their security clearance form.

Everyone on my course had already done so at their CFRC, but unless you had a photocopy of the forms, you had to re-fill it all out. Many people spent many hours on the phone calling old references or others to fill in the blanks. Hopefully that has changed this year, but by bringing a photocopy of my security clearance form I was able to sit back and relax for 3 hours instead of trying to drudge up the past 10 years of my life.

HI, I may be the oldest guy ( 43 years ) to the BMOQ this May.
my course is 0059E
I am a DEO of CEO

I am not sure where I will go after the BMOQ. (I know lots of you will back to school after BMOQ)
If just few DEO, how they will schedule me to next step of training? ( French or OJT at NB )

Chinada said:
my course is 0059E
I am a DEO of CEO
I am not sure where I will go after the BMOQ. (I know lots of you will back to school after BMOQ)
If just few DEO, how they will schedule me to next step of training? ( French or OJT at NB )
I am DEO of CEO too.
But my CFRC told me that there is not selection  board for CEO till August,2011.
You are lucky - you got job offer in first wave.I hope to get next.

MJP said:
Exactly, these summer courses are for the RMC and ROTP dudes and dudettes that are only availiable due to school at these times.  DEOs being course loaded on these courses is certainly not heard of but they are the exception rather than the norm.
Yes,
But according member Chinada summer courses can be for DEO too.But he is alone here, on the forum.
So I wish you guys good luck .I will wait my turn.
By the way , do you know after May,2011 next BMOQ will be in September,2011 ? There is not early BMOQ ?

sky777 said:
Yes,
But according member Chinada summer courses can be for DEO too.But he is alone here, on the forum.
So I wish you guys good luck .I will wait my turn.
By the way , do you know after May,2011 next BMOQ will be in September,2011 ? There is not early BMOQ ?

I think you need to reread my post as I said that there can be DEO on the course, it just isn't the norm.

sky777 said:

I didn't know and didn't really care :)  Are you asking a specific question as I find your post(s) hard to read and maybe some clarification is in order.

MJP said:
I didn't know and didn't really care :) 
I know .
I was just curious may be somebody heard information about next BMOQ.

Chinada said:
my course is 0059E
I am a DEO of CEO

My husband is 46, and is a May 9th BMOQ DEO SWO (Army). He goes to SLT at St. Jean after BMOQ. I think he's in 0059, if I read the paper correctly.

I would love to thank this thread for posting about DEO. I myself am a DEO for HCA (Health Care Admin Officer) and i have been baning my head against the wall hoping to go to BMOQ this month, but being told that DEO usually do not go thru the summer puts my mind at ease lol. All im waiting for so im told is the word from CFB Borden telling the CFRC that my program will be offered after im done basic.

SO thank you all so much so i can stop being a nut case

Back