• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BIQ?

rage

Inactive
Reaction score
I am PRES, with BMQ, SQ, and Driver Wheel. I entered the CF at 31 yrs. of age, I work out every day and am in good shape for my age (34). Originally, I am supposed to become a SUP TECH with an Engineer Unit. The QL3 for SUP TECH is now 3 months & I just can't get that time off from work. I heard that there is a slim possibility of going infantry with an Engineer Unit. Some say I must already be posted to an Infantry Unit to parade with the Engineer Unit I am with. Is this possible and is this wise given my age? Like I said I am in good shape for my age but an Infantry QL3 with people at least 14 yrs. younger then me? Is this wise and is this even possible. My Unit says it has been along time for me not to be QL3 qualified. I agree but I am a civilian first and three months off is hard to swing.

rage

IIRC. The only way for an Infanteer to be posted to an Engineer Unit is that if there isn't an Infantry unit in the area.

Forgive me for my ignorance but what is IIRC? My apologies.

Rage

rage said:
Forgive me for my ignorance but what is IIRC? My apologies.

Rage

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I must be slipping. Good one GW

:cheers:

Of all the posts I've made at this site this one has had the quickest response. I dunno if all the responses have been from infantry pers. but f*ckin' A man! Thanks for not letting me wait for fricken ever!

Rage

Age 34 is no issue at all for joining the infantry. A forty something ex-firefighter just joined our unit and he is close to fittest soldier in the company.

My unit states I have yo be a part of a infantry unit and there is no way for me to be infantry at our engineer unit. true or false?

Back