• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beware of an excellent language profile

popnfresh said:
I'll go where I'm sent, I love the CF. I just don't like the idea of running on a flight deck that I saw in a recruiting video. I love running, but that must get dizzy...  ;)

It's easier to use the treadmill or the stationary bike when you're at sea. It takes a bit of getting used to running in a fair to moderate sea state (not recommended in heavy weather). there are lots of folks who run on the ships....they also live for when the ship is alongside and they can dry land train again. Usually if there is no helicopter embarked (a fairly usual state of affairs nowadays) they set up a gym in the hangar.

That's something I would like to see more of.  The CM posting the ultimator, I have seen it in the navy where too many individuals pull this crap with the CM, and the worst thing is they usually get away with it.

I think CM's need to keep release papers in their briefcases, and when someone comes in pulling the you can't post me or I will release he should slide the paper across the desk.
I thought I'd add something to this discussion that I found interesting.  Because of the new pension plan and retention rates and all that, we have a lot more options then in the past.  Last year a guy I work with was informed that he was being posted into a position over in Afghanistan. He objected and submitted his release and took a job with a local company.  So far, everything is normal. The interesting part is that exactly six months later he got back in, without any adverse effect to his pension (other then loosing the time while he was out), AND he kept his rank, AND he stayed in the geographical area that he was in before he put in his release.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting that I admire the situation or anything, but these days with the military's retention and recruitment issues, plus the fact that everyone and their dog seems to be looking to hire ex-military, I don't think that CM ultimatums are going to have the effect that they want.

my little in on the 2 language thing...as I speak both good English and good french...in Valcartier, if you have good language skill...if you work with the major equipment section (LAV that goes to Edmonton to get fix and every thing...then you are highly considered.

I have help allot since my B class started...and I was cued that I might stay here for a while , if I wanted, due to my skills, my good work  and my stunning looks  :warstory:

Back