• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

best times in cadets

R. Jorgensen said:
There is two, Outward Bound - Scotland and Outward Bound - Wales

So the British have four OB camps http://www.theoutwardboundtrust.org.uk/individuals/venues.html

...and the one that I went to as an Army Cadet - in Keremeos - has now been turned into a Drug Rehab Centre for street kids.

http://www.centralcityfoundation.ca/Crossing/location.html

Does anyone else think that's slightly odd?

There are 3 Army Cadet Exchanges under the same umbrella: Outward Bound - Scotland, Outward Bound - Wales, and Maple Leaf Exchange. All three do basically the same things, which includes field training, section tactics with the Cadet GP and webbing, hiking with combats, webbing, rucksack, and rifle, field exercises that include the former, and a lot of other stuff.

When I did OBS, We stayed at Barry Bodden(Scotland), Warcop(England), Dingwall(Scotland[Highlands]), and Crowbrough(England). We met up with the other two GB exchanges in Crowbrough and we spent a day unsupervised in London with all day subway passes(us OBS kids toured like 3 times a week when we were training and also spent a full week touring on top of that. The whole wandering around places unsupervised for many hours happened every touring day. However, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, and Ottawa(During Canada Day) were the longest times spent in one place(we got there in the morning and had to be at pick-up at around 9 or 10) wandering around. Good times to be had.

bms said:
There are 3 Army Cadet Exchanges under the same umbrella: Outward Bound - Scotland, Outward Bound - Wales, and Maple Leaf Exchange. All three do basically the same things, which includes field training, section tactics with the Cadet GP and webbing, hiking with combats, webbing, rucksack, and rifle, field exercises that include the former, and a lot of other stuff.

When I did OBS, We stayed at Barry Bodden(Scotland), Warcop(England), Dingwall(Scotland[Highlands]), and Crowbrough(England). We met up with the other two GB exchanges in Crowbrough and we spent a day unsupervised in London with all day subway passes(us OBS kids toured like 3 times a week when we were training and also spent a full week touring on top of that. The whole wandering around places unsupervised for many hours happened every touring day. However, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, and Ottawa(During Canada Day) were the longest times spent in one place(we got there in the morning and had to be at pick-up at around 9 or 10) wandering around. Good times to be had.

Barry Budden... did many jumps there (as a non-cadet).

Sounds awesome....

gwp said:
QR and O (Cadets) Para 4.02
When a person becomes a cadet he or she shall make the following promise:
"I (name in full) hereby afirm my loyalty to her Majesty the Queen, her heirs and successors"
The promise prescribed in this article shall be administered by a cadet instructor or any other commissioned officer.

Wow, things sure have changed.  We were never required to be sworn in back in the 90's for cadets.  I think it's a great idea, but should it be allowed for minors to make a legal affirmation to this extent?

stealthylizard said:
Wow, things sure have changed.  We were never required to be sworn in back in the 90's for cadets.  I think it's a great idea, but should it be allowed for minors to make a legal affirmation to this extent?
It's not a change at all.  You will find the same entry in QR and O Army Cadets 1956. 

Maybe the corp I was in didn't do it, or my memory is slipping, lol.  Getting hard to remember things from 1991.

I remember seeing my cadet file recently, and it has my signature and a mild declaration/affirmation on it.... I don't recall there being a formal ceremony though. This was back in 1989 though.

Nites

Back