• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Belgian Beret

I heard Daves Army Surplus in new west carries belgians. I'm going to recce over there tomorrow and see.

they may have a few, but in limited sizes. They dont carry large quantities.

Legault I'm in BC too. I got it from the PPCLI kitshop. Suck it up if you want one. Honestly, I can't see you being allowed to wear non-issued kit on your SQ and QL3, but hey, who cares do what you want. You've got all that experience.

Ya Belgian Beret is totally the way to go...They have a smaller cut and don't look like those sloppy floppy things they issue you...Looks way more professional...

Roy Harding said:
For someone not wanting to "sound like an ***", you're doing an excellent job of it.

Check recceguy's profile.  Then realize that he was attempting to assist you, NOT misdirect you, or brag about his beret collection.

I would take someone's profile with a grain of salt as I could tell you I have done just about anything but that doesn't mean I actually have or that I actually know what I'm talking about simply because of my profile(not to say that recce hasn't)...

There should be yearly awards on this site.
I give this one the "most entertaning ever" award
Just one question.
You guys prefer pads or tampons?  ;D

Freight said:
I sweat like a....
I found the issue beret band "leaked" dye on my forehead and it did not come off all too easily.  I did get a begium and so far so good.  It seemed to form way easier.  I always had someone asking if I had formed my issue beret and I worked on it based on many of the tip's on this site...
my 2 bits

I've a beret that does that...its especially bad in the winter when I get seasonal dry skin above my eyebrows.  Lots of push-ups or running around or if I've just shaped it again...I get a nice black band across my forehead.

Infanteer...if it smells, why not take it in the shower and shampoo?  That always got the smell out of mine.  ;D

Back