• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

Will leading citizens of Connoquenessing Township be inspired to erect a monument to the event of 13 July 2024 that occurred on the outskirts of their community since there was precedent in acknowledging the attempted assassination of a future president. About 5.25 miles from where former president Trump was shot, a then future president George Washington also narrowly escaped death.

On the flats of the east side of Connoquenessing Creek, one hundred rods east of this spot, Major George Washington, then a youth twenty-one years of age, narrowly escaped death, being shot at by a hostile Indian, less than fifteen steps distant, on the evening of December 27th, 1753, as he and Christopher Gist were returning from Virginia from Washington's historic visit to Saint Pierre, Commandant of the French Forts, Le Boeuf (Waterford) and Venango (Franklin), as agent of Governor Dinwiddie of Virginia in delivering to Saint Pierre the protest of Governor Dinwiddie against the encroachments of the French on territory claimed by the English.

Washington and Gist were following the course of the Venango Indian Trail, which crossed the highway at this spot. It followed an almost north and south line from the forks of the Ohio (Pittsburgh) to Venango (Franklin), and was one of the most important of the Indian trails

gw monument.jpg

Gravy Seal - see picture below.

main-qimg-b5febe01478d4c2a5a3e0be932fe713d

LRAP - Live Action Role Playing. - see same picture above.

:cool:
Oh.....My.....Lord.

Mobile cover that talks!

From video I have seen online the female secret service agent on the left in the picture had a hard time pulling out her pistal from it holster and had to look down to actually access it.
Yeah man. Someone tried to shoot the president. She was stressed and worked through it.

There was a couple diesel burners around in green. But I didn’t see “a big fat guy” per se…I thought I missed a real white gravy type.
I remembered him fatter than that, but as Kevin said, the other guy's helmet obstructs the view and kind of warped the image in my mind.

Nonetheless, NVGs

I remembered him fatter than that, but as Kevin said, the other guy's helmet obstructs the view and kind of warped the image in my mind.

Nonetheless, NVGs
Seconded RE: my LARP and Gravy SEAL comment. It still stands that police militarization is gross.

so. As a reference I teach a course for plain clothes officers and their holsters. The guys that teach it do a lot of work with them. Every once in a while, because of the nature of the clothes, the bulk, the holster- it doesn’t work smoothly.

That’s the nature of wearing a suit with a pistol. If it wasn’t that way you wouldn’t have all the tactical clothing you have out there- your clothing makes a difference.

As long as they have to look professional etc- that comes at a cost of efficiency. They strike a balance best they can but it’s not conducive to a consistent draw and holster. The holstering being even worse because your pants, your badge, your jacket are in the way- and your shirt came up when you were butchering your draw

Will leading citizens of Connoquenessing Township be inspired to erect a monument to the event of 13 July 2024 that occurred on the outskirts of their community since there was precedent in acknowledging the attempted assassination of a future president. About 5.25 miles from where former president Trump was shot, a then future president George Washington also narrowly escaped death.

View attachment 86643
Looks more like a monument to a military guy who (maybe not literally but at least metaphoically) dodged a bullet during the French-Indian wars, not a eventual president.

Gravy Seal - see picture below.

main-qimg-b5febe01478d4c2a5a3e0be932fe713d

LRAP - Live Action Role Playing. - see same picture above.

:cool:
From the Urban Dictionary:

{quote] Gravy Seal: A gravy SEAL is a person either belonging to a militia group or has an unhealthy obsession with the military, guns, and anti-government views, but was never actually in the military due to either being grossly out of shape, mentally unfit, or just too dumb to function. Years of dead end jobs and poor diet have made white, middle aged men very upset. Some express that anger through squeezing into a paintball vest that sits just above their beer gut, and sit in the woods to shoot beer cans and talk about how they'll protect THE GREAT US of A from the evil hippies that love ISIS, hate Jesus, and probably have satanic rituals to sacrifice kids they keep held in a DC pizza shop.

Although a term of mockery, Gravy SEALs should be taken seriously, as they are deluded AND have access to copious amounts of arms, and plenty of just as delusional friends to back them up. They may be fat, unhealthy, conspiracy nuts, but they have real guns.

Tl;dr - military wannabe LARPers, but with actual guns. [/quote]

Just got home; spent all day wearing a suit with a holstered pistol… Not normally a suit guy, most days it’s a sport jacket… But yeah- civilian clothes with a covering jacket isn’t the most amenable to speed, and especially not when reholstering.

so. As a reference I teach a course for plain clothes officers and their holsters. The guys that teach it do a lot of work with them. Every once in a while, because of the nature of the clothes, the bulk, the holster- it doesn’t work smoothly.

That’s the nature of wearing a suit with a pistol. If it wasn’t that way you wouldn’t have all the tactical clothing you have out there- your clothing makes a difference.

As long as they have to look professional etc- that comes at a cost of efficiency. They strike a balance best they can but it’s not conducive to a consistent draw and holster. The holstering being even worse because your pants, your badge, your jacket are in the way- and your shirt came up when you were butchering your draw
One of the keys to successful concealed carry is to not look like you're carrying. Clothing, in general, is designed to flatter the wearer, not conceal a firearm or other intervention options. So clothing and equipment selection takes time and care coupled with a ton of practice.

I get a real kick out of the IDPA crowd who claim expertise in concealed carry while wearing a mesh fishing vest over an OTW holster. IDPA in Canada oft times means you're shooting in a windbreaker or jacket with gloves if not mitts when the buzzer goes.

Back