• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Assault on Reservist

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKells

Inactive
Reaction score
Last Tuesday night, walking home from work (in uniform), this happened to a member of the Governor General's Foot Guards:

"he walked to his appartment and tthis guy said "a girl needs help in the basement" so he went with then guy he gets there and like 3 other guys tie him up,beat the crap out of him, carv something in his chest with a knife, forced him to cut his own ear under gunpoint, then throw him off a 20ft high balcony where he lands with 2 cracked vertebres and a shattered ankle" - Pte (doesn't want his name in the public), GGFG

"One thing that caught my attention, and added to the frustration of the situation, was the fact that he was walking home in his uniform when this occurred, and furthermore that the article in the paper did not even mention the fact that he was in the army. This is a problem that is becoming worse in our city. Not only did the paper neglect to mention his job, but the article was tucked away in a small corner of the paper, to be browsed over, recieve an "oh thats so terrible, but what can i do about it", and then be forgotten." - Pte. (doesn't want his name in the public), GGFG

It happened in his own apartment on Elgin, across the street from the Police Station.

Details are sketchy.. some believe an investigation has been launched by higher authorities then the Ottawa Police as a result of the fact that he was in uniform.

No I know this guy he has never pissed anybody off, always gave it his all, and wouldn't hurt a fly. he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm relieved to hear that hes turned out OK. Although i hope they find the guys that did it, cause i cant imagine what members of the unit would do if they got to ht em before the authorities do.

This could be it:

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/serving_ottawa/media_room/news.cfm?nr_id=2989

Ottawa Police Service

For Immediate Release: 11/01/2006

Police Investigate Injuries to Man

(Ottawa) – The Ottawa Police Service General Assignment
Section is investigating the circumstances surrounding how
a man came to be injured, bound and gagged in the basement
of an apartment building.

At about 12:30 p.m., emergency services responded to a fire
alarm at an apartment building on Elgin Street.  Once
there, they discovered a 19-year-old man in the squash
court who was injured, bound and gagged.  He advised police
that he was asked to come to the basement by a man who
claimed there was a sick/injured person needing
assistance.  Once there, he was tied and beaten by an
unknown number of assailants.

He was taken to the Ottawa hospital with non-life-
threatening injuries.

This matter is still under investigation.

- 30 -

Telephone: 236-1222, ext. 5366 

DannyBoy said:
No I know this guy he has never pissed anybody off, always gave it his all, and wouldn't hurt a fly. he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm relieved to hear that hes turned out OK. Although i hope they find the guys that did it, cause i cant imagine what members of the unit would do if they got to ht em before the authorities do.

That's awful.

It's things like these that make me such an angry person.

Best wishes to the soldier.  :salute:

ShawnSmith said:
That's awful.

It's things like these that make me such an angry person.

Best wishes to the soldier.  :salute:

Agreed, Im a very cool headed person, and am rarely angered, but stories like this enrage me 10 times more than any sucker punch or insult could ever do.

It would be unproductive and illegal but it sure would feel good to inflict a little vigilanty style retribution on the assaulters.

It would be unproductive and illegal but it sure would feel good to inflict a little vigilanty style retribution on the assaulters.

Lets make it a CF wide event!

How big are your balls if you have to bound and gag someone to hurt them, hell, this guy even needed friends to do it!

Cowards.

Sorry, but I don't buy this "not involved in anything" story.

This sounds like payback - drug deal, revenge, etc. It sounds alot like what the gangs do to people to give them a little wake - up, when they don't pay a debt or something of that nature.

I'd be interested to know what they carved into his chest, and what the description of the assailants was.

Does sound a little suspicious.

I hope these guys get caught and the handgun they had was unregistered so they go away for a really long time.

Shitty deal for the soldier though hope he gets even.

This is bloody disgusting...especially as a reservist here in Ottawa..

The kind of people I wouldn't mind meeting in a dark alley

Sig_Des said:
This is bloody disgusting...especially as a reservist here in Ottawa..

The kind of people I wouldn't mind meeting in a dark alley
Ya, same here, anyone who would "allegedly" beat the tar out of a homeless man is defiantly up there in my books.

Ghost778 said:
I hope these guys get caught and the handgun they had was unregistered so they go away for a really long time.

That's funny, I thought this happened in Canada. ;)

And when someone gets something official and concrete, they can ask the Mods to open this so it can get posted. For now Perry Mason, Hulk Hogan and Dog the Bounty Hunter, will just have to find another past time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back