• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army vs. Navy vs. Air Force: Advantages and Disadvantages

Big Bad Bear

Inactive
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous,

I would like to start a discussion/debate of the military branches aforementioned.

How hard is it to enter occupations in each branch?

How long and/or complex/technical is the training (generally) in those branches?

What is the working atmosphere of each branch? Lax? Stressful? Rushed? Insane?

How much time is spent away from family/friends on deployment in each branch?

What personal, material rewards and opportunities are available in each branch?

Why do you think the branch(es) you've sided is/are the best?

I do realize that the answers to the above questions vary greatly on chosen occupation however I am searching for answers relating to each branch in addition to respective and unique advantages and disadvantages of each branch. Merci en avance!

Regards,

BBB

Your questions are too broad and the experiences of different people based on service, trade, location, unit, personal preferences, etc., all vary too much for any useful comparisons. Research the individual trades that interest you.

I suppose that'd be the best option. I was interested in reading some first-hand points of view and opinions of different servicemen and women.

Regards,

BBB

Is there a purpose or direction where this is heading?

Each branch has it's own unique situations, environments and so forth. And the trades within each are further unique. The trades that cross branches complicate that discussion because what may be simple for a static land unit could be fraught with difficulties for a deployed naval unit.

So you need to be more specific as to the goal you are trying to achieve with this topic before any real worthwhile discussion can be carried out.

And for the most part a lot of what you may be looking for has already been covered in previous posts, it's a matter of searching it out. The fact that it isn't packaged in one convenient thread is unfortunate, but like life, you can't always get what you want handed to you.

You're not making sense. Tell us, Reader's Digest version, what it is you're looking for specifically.

Pfft. Why pick one? Split the difference and be the door gunner on a Sea King.

I want nothing that can't be researched by myself. I must work on reducing my shortsightedness. I apologize. It appears that there is no use for the thread.

Regards,

BBB

You are asking us to throw darts while blind folded at a massive dart board that may or may not exist. 

Narrow down your strengths, weaknesses, interests, hobbies etc. and you'll probably get better results.

Door gunner on Sea King is AESOP or ACSO.  Was that the question?

Zoomie said:
Door gunner on Sea King is AESOP or ACSO.

I know. It was a joke.

I can't even drag my knuckles around here without someone calling me on not wearing gloves. Tough crowd.

Brihard said:
I know. It was a joke.

I can't even drag my knuckles around here without someone calling me on not wearing gloves. Tough crowd.

You'll have to get some good army type gloves then. The ones with armoured fingers tha resist abrasion.

Not those sissy nomex evening wear gloves the zoomies use.

You know, the ones they wear when waving to the crowd, saying "look at my cool, skin tight, fire resistant gloves! You can only get these if you're a jet pilot" ;D

Mine are full of holes, and I can't get new ones because the Flight Surgeons and MP's depleted the stock  ;D

Big Bad Bear said:
I suppose that'd be the best option. I was interested in reading some first-hand points of view and opinions of different servicemen and women.

Regards,

BBB

Which are already found throughout the varies boards on the forum.  ;)  *Search*

I'll gladly exchange a pair of my brown leather gloves for the CTS hatch gloves.

Oh BTW in an attempt to add to the topic, here is my two words that sum up RCAF life:

Crew rest

We could keep this bad boy going, and just name off all the stereotypes.

Army - you actually work for a living and can look yourself in the mirror every night.

Navy - you work for a living, but you're too drunk to look into the tiny 2" x 3" mirror that you have crammed into your bunk space at night.

Air Force - you don't need to work, and because of your sheer awesomeness, have no problems looking at yourself in the mirror every night.

Back