• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Life

M

mony

hey guys,

I would like to know some information about the engineer military life, there maybee a link to a site that talks about. I would like to have an idea. These questions might seem primitive so..............  ;D

Is the "boot camp" or Phase one of officer training exactly like an regular infantry?

Are family/friends aloud to visit regularly in  Phase II ( Practical Phase Training ) or what are the limitations? how about phase I.

if anyone can paint me a quick picture ( in words) it will be great.
f there is any link that gives me a better idea pls share it.

Thnkz

I also have a question, on average what length of time per year could a combat engineer expect to be away from the family?

mony,
Phase I (IAP) is common for all officers in the CF (Army, Navy, and Air).
Phase II is common for all Army officers (it is called CAP these days).
Phase III and Phase IV are unique to the MOC.  Phase III is three months and Phase IV is eight months (for engineers).

The first three phases are relatively short and you should not count on anything more than some weekends off.  During Phase IV there are a few weeks off for Christmas and I have heard of years that a week was made available to take leave in March.  Most of your weekends will be free.

mbhabfan,
If a Cbt Engr is deployed, that is 6 months away from the family there.  Odds are that another month or two were eaten up in the field prior to deployment.  In the last year I've spent about 5 months away from home and my brigade was in a rest phase ("reconstitution").

so how about last year or next year is that length of time normal?  I am just trying to pick other choices for my application and am curious to see how much of my  daughters life I will be missing?

Every year can be unique.  It depends on the Op Tempo that the politicians have us committed to.

Back