• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Mike, I have to admit I was concerned about my mental state these past weeks.

Not having the ability to enjoy my cup of tea in the morning while surfing through ARMY.CA took its toll.

The wife is consulting with a lawyer, my kids won't speak to me and our dog keeps pissing on my leg.

I've tried medication(Capt. Morgan) but it only added to the problem. I was so pleased to see the site running normally this morning.

The wife has put the lawyer on retainer just in case there is a problem with the site again(fingers crossed), the kids wave to me now and the dog has gone back to taking a dump in my shoes. Ahhh, everything back to normal. ;D

In the real world Mike, most users to the site understand your problem and are willing to wait for the improvements. Keep up the excellent work.

Hmmm... This is probably a problem just on the computer I am using right now, but now that the site is running full speed, the recent topics board is... blank.  :eek:

Once again, this is probably just a problem on THIS computer, but I thought I'd raise this and see if anyone else was having a similar problem.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Which recent topics board?

The very front center of the page. Where all of the "recent" posts are put, under the bold words "recent topics" is just a blank green square where the threads usually are.

All better  ;D
A quick log-off/log back on, computer shut-down, and fiddling with the internet cable(I just un-plugged it and plugged it back in) in the back of the computer have everything back in place here.

Sounds like it was a glitch on our end, but I'm glad it wasn't long lasting. :)

Thanks
Mike

midget-boyd91 said:
The very front center of the page. Where all of the "recent" posts are put, under the bold words "recent topics" is just a blank green square where the threads usually are.

Someone has posted a long link, which causes the normally visible listing to move over to the right. Click on the green adjusting bar at the bottom of the screen to move the screen to the right and the "recent" posts are there.

Couldn't get on the site at all yesterday!! Working great now, better than usual for me.  Got my fix now......thanks!!

I've noticed that the reliability of the site has drastically improved in the past week or so... I haven't had any problems at all. Good work Mike.

Mike: Would it help the site's overall capacity/speed if we used a photo hosting site to upload pics for a while? Or would that just make it worse?

Just wanted to offer my two cents worth of thanks for giving me my fix back.

Cheers.

Thanks guys. I think we're going to be "OK" until the new server comes in. If problems arise I'm more than happy to diagnose and make changes at the time, but for now I think we're no over capacity even with our current services running.

Oy, she is good, very good, maybe a little too good  ;) . Thanks a bunch Mike, you keep my fix going good  :D

Site is running the fast today.  In fact, the page downloads are the fastest they have been for the past month.  Good job to Mike and others who have been workin' it!  :)

S6

Today the side is more or less unusable from here (Germany). Most time´s I just get an 404.

I need an hour to post this.

Regards,
ironduke57

Back