• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armoured QL 3 Course

More The Merrier.  War stories all around :warstory:

We'll be arriving Sun night.  Will be in to see you at the School sometime Mon - Wed.  We'll be hitting the road Thurs.

GW

Why don't we get together at, say, the golf and curling club?  or Griffins, if need be.

Around 1800hrs good?

What night?  Mon?

Sounds good.  Max Flex on Loc.  Griffins is handy, but G&CC may have better atmosphere?

GW

I'm not sure about a better atmosphere, I was thinking more about a central location for everybody.  We could also go to Minglers.

Atmosphere for you guys would mean going to the Ormocto (Hug & Slug) Legion ;D

OOO... touche!! I am just as flexible as anyone, Don't forget that it's all non-smoking now so we can actually taste the food/drinks we get!! I'd like to get a bite to eat at the same time if we can.. griffins is "central" and has both.. plus it's got that fresh "army guy smell" that we all like.. hehe. 

But seiously, we're deviating from the important topic here... Frank got stuck!! On the side of the Lawfield road!!

Getting stuck on the side of the road is something that all new Crewman drivers will have to get used too.  Ole Franko was just showing them how it is done.

Meet N Greets can be hammered out in new topic.

GW

Wow...totaly forgot about that stuck.... ROTFLMAO  ;D

BTW....John was driving....I was directed by 2 RCR Sgt who will remain nameless  ::)

Methinks that was the ONLY time we got stuck during that summer....

Regards

Just bumped into Johnny yesterday.. I plan on reviewing the tape we made that summer.. and laughing even harder.. remember the attack of the sasquatch Frank??  Haha.. too farking hilarious

Still have the copy you made for me and I watched it last night..........

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

How long is the course? how many veichles do you learn how to drive? is it alot of bs envloved ?and did you like it?

I was wondering the ame type of thing.

Someone told me to do a search but nothing very specific came up...and then i searched the web and can't find a helluva lot on armoured courses.

Benoit are you going armoured? And are you still in Newfoundland? I'm here in St.John's, I'm going regs armoured!

I graduated my 3s course on the 9th of December last year and I know that the guys who got to the unit after me were qualified a bit differently than I was but the course is 8 weeks. I was qualified on the MLVW and the Coyote, which isn't much use considering I'm at LdSH and I'm in a tank sqn (Here's hoping I get Recce sqn after the new ORBAT *g*).  I was one of 11 guys who went Strat and one of 2 who got Coyote.  From what I know they seem to be mixing it up at the school.  Most guys coming to Edmonton seem to be getting Leopard d&m and either LSVW or MLVW, however we just got three new guys and they're all 'Yote qualified, so who knows for sure with us.  If you're going RCD or 12 RBC, you'll get Coyote.

THere was A LOT of s**t on my course but we had a few pumps who didn't seem to want to work and liked giving attitude to the DS.  Anyone who's gone to the ql3 (now called DP1) in the last year has had a problem with one specific memmber of the DS but obviously I can't mention him here.  If you go through the course and he's still there, you WILL know who I'm talking about, email me and we'll swap stories :)

Overall a good course though. 

I graduated my 3s course on the 9th of December last year and I know that the guys who got to the unit after me were qualified a bit differently than I was but the course is 8 weeks. I was qualified on the MLVW and the Coyote, which isn't much use considering I'm at LdSH and I'm in a tank sqn (Here's hoping I get Recce sqn after the new ORBAT *g*).  I was one of 11 guys who went Strat and one of 2 who got Coyote.  From what I know they seem to be mixing it up at the school.  Most guys coming to Edmonton seem to be getting Leopard d&m and either LSVW or MLVW, however we just got three new guys and they're all 'Yote qualified, so who knows for sure with us.  If you're going RCD or 12 RBC, you'll get Coyote.

THere was A LOT of s**t on my course toward the end but we had a few pumps who didn't seem to want to work and liked giving attitude to the DS.  As for learning weapons on your SQ, if its a Reg Force SQ, you won't learn the Carl Gustav, or M72.  Including awesome PT except while in the field, after learning weapons and going into WAY more detail on fieldcraft than I did in Farnham, we spent two weeks in the field (Area 2 in Gagetown) doing dismounted recce patrols, offensive and defensive tactics (to include spending a week in a dug in defensive position; clearing fileds of fire, setting early warning devices, always always always digging or improving our slit trenches, setting up OPs,) endless amounts of section attacks, platoon attacks, much more in depth mine awarness, low wire entanglements etc.  pretty much everything you'd think of.  We even did some work with imporvised boobie traps.  All the while we had an enemy force to deal with so every night we were getting bumped.  It was an absolute blast :)

lobudget

That doesn't help much.  We just saw you quote the Foot Guards motto in another thread attributing it to the RCD.  Perhaps the two of you should PM each other and discuss the intricate details.  It is a small Army in a Small world, so the rest of us will get to snicker later.

:skull: I know who you 2 are hahahahaaah  :cdn:

:sniper:

60Recce said:
:skull: I know who you 2 are hahahahaaah     :cdn:
                                                :sniper:
Some SITREP that was.   Which two guys.....  ;)

Back