• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armour Corps Trg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recceguy
7s is now DP4. The writting board will be this summer.
Sparky
Thats WATCs bag not the Armour Schools. Res NCO courses are out there.The Armour School has nothing to do with that really. Since the nonRecce units have to train to Recce. I can see them getting most of the slots.

linear Rosa
I see your a civie, why man o man? If your here to shart ****. P155 off. And don‘t come back.

Originally posted by Recce41:
[qb] linear Rosa
I see your a civie, why man o man? If your here to shart ****. P155 off. And don‘t come back. [/qb]
"Man oh man" is a cry of incredulity. He was implying that the new people he was working with were less than desirable. I consider myself a reliable person and I‘m in the process of enlisting. The process is long and fraught with difficulties, so I said, "Man oh man!" as in: "Here I am a responsible person who is waiting patiently to get in so that I can excel, and here are people who are already in and who are incompetent! I was also speaking for the other hopefuls who are waiting to get in and would be struck dumb by the fact that incompetents take precedence to them. I hope my explanation meets with your approval so that we can avoid further misunderstandings. If you need further clarification, just let me know; I hate enmity and wish to live in all men‘s good graces.

MLVW? Is that the military equivalent of the five ton? What if you already have so much experience driving truck you‘re absolutely BORED TO DEATH of it and want to join the army to do something different? (Like drive a tank! A Coyote will do nicely, too.) The recruiting sargent suggested I look at MSE Op but I just want to do something different.

Got a call from CFRC today and am scheduled for my aptitude test next week and my medical the week after. Whoo! On my way!

What‘s a TCCS? I assume a Surv Op is a recce observer?

mm

Surv Op is the course you will take to become part of a Armoured Recce Squadron. It‘ll teach you how to use the Coyote‘s electronics package to detect the enemy during ops. A nessesity.

Regards

Originally posted by Franko:
[qb] Surv Op is the course you will take to become part of a Armoured Recce Squadron. It‘ll teach you how to use the Coyote‘s electronics package to detect the enemy during ops. A nessesity.

Regards [/qb]
Sorry Franko.....There is no more RECCE SQUADRON...get used to it.....Learn now, ‘D‘ Squadron. :D All Sabre Sqns are Recce now. So a Surveillance Operator can be in any one of them. It is now an Armoured Recce Regiment.

GW

Oooops. My bad. Forgot about the changes since I got over here.... ;)

Regards

linear Rosa, if a nincompoop is marching and fighting while the switched-on buck awaits the call from CFRC... the nincompoop simply applied in advance.

By your logic, if you and the nincompoop both undergo a short recruitment process, you too are incompetent by virtue of this temporal precedence you mentioned. I don‘t think that‘s what you‘re trying to convey.

Sorry, but your boorishness belies your articulateness.

I second Recce41‘s suggestion. Be contributive or be gone.

First off I‘m very new to this forum so I‘d like to start off by saying thanks to GW, Franko, Recceguy and to all the other armoured soldiers who post on a regular basis, I have found your posts to continually be educational, and inspirational. And if you are an example of the rest of the members of your units, I cannot wait to serve with them. Which also leads into the reason for my posting.
I have just finished applying to CT to 011 from R013 which I‘ve been in for just over 2 years now with the QYRangers. Now I‘ve been asking people what the process is after the transfer goes through and the only thing I‘ve really learned is how much they don‘t know. Could you tell me what type of work up training should I expect if at all and if there is , what advice would you give a young trooper on differences to prepare for from the "problem" as a good LDSH (RC) Sgt atchd to my unit would say. Thank you very much for your time.

Cheers
H

Exvitae- truck driver now? Good- you‘ll have skills that will come in handy. Off road driving is a tough skill to master, bet you find it a lot of fun. Hint- it‘s not often about speed and power...

John Long et al- "incompetent" may be a little harsh in today‘s PC world, but in reality the term is correct. The skills that any crewman gets under basic trades training are hard won, but barely scratch the surface of required competency. It takes years for a crewman to get good at his job. Of course, the better the applicant, the time he spends in the field, and the quality of his CC all influence the rate at which the young Trooper proceeds, but on average I‘d say after a year they‘ll have some skills, and after about three years they could be described as competent. Many, if not most of the skills a Trooper learns are not necessarily taught on course- the ability to function at night with no light or noise, to function for long periods without rest, to gain situational awareness from radio reports, map reading, fault finding problems with his equipment...I could go on, but it really does take years for anyone to get good at their job.

Is it fair to judge brand new soldiers as incompetent? Sure. They may be great when judged against their peers, but do NOT meet the grade as a well rounded, experienced soldier.

Time in. Makes all the difference.

Cheers-Garry

Originally posted by Hodgiy:
[qb]
I have just finished applying to CT to 011 from R013 which I‘ve been in for just over 2 years now with the QYRangers. Now I‘ve been asking people what the process is after the transfer goes through and the only thing I‘ve really learned is how much they don‘t know. Could you tell me what type of work up training should I expect if at all and if there is , what advice would you give a young trooper on differences to prepare for from the "problem" .....[/qb]
You are right to state that no one seems to have a definite answer. Let‘s just say that it seems that each is handled on an individual case. We have just recieved a CT from the RCH in Montreal and he has come in as a Cpl. We have two Reservists who have been working with us for four to eight months, one from the GG‘s and the other from the Windsors. I believe that they are going to rebadge on 1 Apr. All three are different circumstances, but two got their CTs while working directly with the Reg Force unit they are joining. I can‘t say that there is any real ‘workup‘ training that is recommended, except to be physically fit. Right now Coyote courses are a bonus, and would probably help.

GW

Originally posted by Exvitae:
[QB] MLVW? Is that the military equivalent of the five ton? ]
the MLVW is rated at 2 1/2 ton cross country and up to 5 tons on road. If I remember right (it‘s been awhile, I was there when they were introduced) it has a Detroit V8 diesel with a Allison auto tranny with 3 powered axles.

I tried off-roading in my Cavalier a couple of summers ago while trying to find a camping spot my buddy was raving about. I don‘t recommend it.

Originally posted by Exvitae:
[qb] I tried off-roading in my Cavalier a couple of summers ago while trying to find a camping spot my buddy was raving about. I don‘t recommend it. [/qb]
Haha! Off roading in a cavalier?! Did you get anywhere? Did you have to stop and pick up your muffler? Sorry, that is too funny.

Originally posted by Recce41:
[qb] Colin
The ML has a 6V53 (V6)diesel engine not a V8. [/qb]
V6? interesting my mind must be slowly going, it‘s all starting to bluuuurrrrr

1987 was a long time ago.....sigh

I overheated half-way up the mountain and had my buddy come down and get me.

My wife was kind of upset.

The week-end was great, otherwise!

mm

When I was younger I had the ability to emit high frequency radio waves from my left toe. Ahhh...to be young again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back