• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armalite AR-10 SASS Canadian Contract: Info/Scope?

Crapgame

Inactive
Reaction score
I found a place offering Armalite AR-10 SASS Canadian  :cdn:  Contract Overruns, without scope or mount:
10STF1.jpg

What would the proper scope and mount be?

Opinions/Stories/Jibes  not violating OPSEC?

This "place" is not in Canada, though, I take it.

7.62SASS in Iowa, US of A:

http://www.762sass.com/product.php?p=493&cid=9&session=adf2dd93250e349cc30bd943477af436

Just in off the truck. We have a limited amount of Canadian  :cdn: contract ArmaLite Super Sass rifles exclusively found at 762SASS. This is a Canadian military sniper  :yellow: contract over-run. Comes equipped with a Magpul UBR stock assembly. These rifles have gone through extensive testing for functionality and accuracy to meet the Canadian sniper specifications  :salute:. Now is your opportunity to own this fine rifle. $2999 + Shipping.

Scope and mount shown in picture not included.

Caliber: .308/7.62 X 51mm NATO
Barrel: 20" Triple lapped, Ceramic Coated AISI 416R Stainless Steel Match, Threaded 5/8x24
Rifling Twist: RH 1:11.25" 150-175 Grain Ammo
Muzzle Device: Flash Suppressor
Front Sight Base: Quad Picatinny Rail Handguard
Upper Receiver: Forged Flattop with Picatinny Rail & Laser Engraved Rail Numbering 7175-T74 Aluminum
Lower Receiver: 7175-t73 Aluminum (forged)
Trigger: National Match two stage - 1st stage 2.5 lbs - 2nd stage 4.5-5 lbs
Stock: Magpul UBR
Overall Length: 44.5"
Weight: 14 lbs
Accuracy: 1 MOA
Included with Rifle: One 10 Round Magazine, One 20 Round Magazine, USMC Quick Adjustable Sling, Sling Swivel Mount, Owners Manual, Limited Lifetime Warranty

These rifles will be subject to Homeland Security, BATF and ITAR rulings. Near impossible to get exported from there and imported here. By the time your done the paperwork and possible multi year wait, you'll likely be doubling the cost, if you can find an exporter. You could build one cheaper and quicker. Don't forget also, all AR variants are classed Restricted in Canada. So approved ranges only, if you have an RPAL, (L)ATT, registration, 5 round mag, blah, blah........................

Gone are the good ole days. I purchased an AR-15 SP1 from the Roosevelt County Sherrif's Department in Froid Montana back in 1978 for $290 USD. Yes it was restricted then too, had my FAC, and a 'permit to transport' from Regway Saskatchewan to home, thence to the RPS in Regina for registration. Had to pay duty on it. No big deal. Later the Torries had the AR-15 de-registered until the Libs brought it back on the list in the early 1990's.

How times havea changed.

OWDU

Frack!  You guys can't even kit up to practice on your own dime.....God forbid you'd want to be the best Rifleman (or Woman) you can, for the Crown.

Yup. Some things really suck here.

I've spent far more time and money fighting successive rounds of ever-increasingly stupid anti-firearms legislation than I have spent shooting and buying such pretty toys over more than thirty years.

And I bought my AR in September 1975 for $325.00 in London, Ontario, before that wretch Trudeau restricted it. Until that sad day, I used to sling it on my back with a set of US Vietnam-era cotton webbing and several hundred rounds and bike out to the local gravel pit for an afternoon of noisy and expensive pleasure with friends.

Anybody know scope 3RCR employs on theirs?  A Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x  M2 in Flat Dark Earth?
IMG_1150-2.jpg

Add a Larue SPR Mount, some Black Hills 168gr Match, and any terrorist acting out in an antisocial manner within 1100meters is toast......Or 1300m for you guys....

(Edited by Moderator to remove offensive label.)

I'm inclined to take this company's claims of selling "contract overruns" with a grain of salt... There are, in fact, a relative handful of AR-10Ts floating around between the battalions, but they were already well-used when our battalion received them for TF 1-08... nearly two and a half years ago.

I don't think any more than 18 where bought for an IOR buy in 2004 ish.

IIRC the guns had 3-12 S&B's, same as the (again very few) C7CT's (I swore it was a 4-16 S&B, but I went looking through pics I took and this appears to be the 3-12).

Most companies when they try to move old stock that is not selling, claim it is contract overrun...

Back