• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arade Combat Boots

Bassil_Inf

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,
On kit issue day I received a pair of black Gortex boots and a pair of Combat boots in Arid color (brown). Many of my buddies got the black ones, are these newer or something? Also, what is the best way to clean combat boots, I regretfully used kiwi on them and something else... didn't end up good. I spent like 4 hours getting the kiwi off my boots as they kept turning white.

The Wet Weather boots are only supposed to be wiped clean with a lint free cloth and water and then use EMU brand wet weather boot paste (should be issued to you, green tin). As for the brown boots, try just using the kiwi boot wipes as I believe the kiwi brown polish is too dark for the boots or the clear Neutral polish. Just make sure to keep them clean and scuff free as best as possible, there should have been a care and cleaning pamphlet that came with each pair of boots, if not don't mess with the boots. Yes, the CF is transitioning to brown multi-environment general purpose boot. You're lucky you even have boots.

FYI, it's spelled "Arid"

Just leave your kit alone until you are taught how to maintain it/use it/break it.

P.S. It's ARID, not Arade. Prairie Thunder beat me to it.

Back