• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

April 2012

ProtectAndServe said:
In April it's said new job opportunities may open correct? If so would people who apply in January be processed so that when April comes they can get offered a job, rather then applying in April and having to be processed and waiting more time... Just wondering?

From my own personal experience (and I may be wrong here) it would appear that the recruiting process is like a swinging door. You have to get your foot in the 'door' before the door (your trade choice) closes.  If you don't get all your paperwork in before your trade closes your file is closed and you have to reapply when your trade opens and they start accepting applications for your trade again.  I've read about people having interviews, medicals, aptitude tests, etc., canceled because their trade closed up. This is what I've gathered from reading through threads and talking to the recruiter handling my file. I noticed recently that the forces website showed that jobs that had previously not been accepting applications, were once again taking apps. They do not wait until they have the new numbers in April to start taking applications, that is just when they officially start offering jobs. You're better off getting your application in BEFORE April. Once again, I apologize if this info is incorrect.  Hope the analogy helped though :)

P.S. Things were so much easier when I joined 10+ years ago.  You applied and they pretty much told you on the spot that you got the job.  :facepalm:  However, its comforting to know that the military is being more choosy about who they offer jobs too.  :salute:

From my experience, I agree with the above. I had to re-schedule a medical and ended up paying the price as not long after my file was closed (though apparently there was some mix-up where they were trying to contact me to see if I was still interested). So now here I am, re-applying, which is a pain as it's now all online. I only just found out then my file was closed and I imagine I'll see much progress on my new application before April meaning I'll probably miss the boat again this year. That said, I will probably "get my foot in the door" and be ready for next April. So based on my own (albeit limited) experience, I would advise anyone to get their apps in ASAP, and to not get your hopes up that it will be a quick and easy affair. Keep in mind that things don't even really get rolling until they receive and review your documents (which will probably take weeks itself). So really try to hurry-up with the online portion of the application. Hopefully, like most, you can get your foot in that door. If you do get in this year, consider it a bonus (particularly for competitive trades). But with a bit of luck and diligence, you'll have your ducks in a row for the next fiscal year.

Trick said:
So now here I am, re-applying, which is a pain as it's now all online.

Really? Never heard they were only accepting online applications.

lateralus said:
Really? Never heard they were only accepting online applications.
I've been hearing the same thing as well. Needless to say I am very happy to have applied back in September 2011.

I (re)applied online, a few days later when I log in it says my online application access has been disabled. When I submitted the application, it said if I had applied in the past (which I have) that I would not be able to track online - I assume because they tie it to my old file/service number as opposed to creating a new one. I sent in copies of my birth certificate and transcripts as instructed and am waiting for confirmation that they are received. If I don't hear back within two weeks, I'll be calling to confirm receipt and next steps - while it would be convenient to check online, I understand that this is a new system and has yet to be fully integrated with existing files.

MMSS said:
I (re)applied online, a few days later when I log in it says my online application access has been disabled. When I submitted the application, it said if I had applied in the past (which I have) that I would not be able to track online - I assume because they tie it to my old file/service number as opposed to creating a new one. I sent in copies of my birth certificate and transcripts as instructed and am waiting for confirmation that they are received. If I don't hear back within two weeks, I'll be calling to confirm receipt and next steps - while it would be convenient to check online, I understand that this is a new system and has yet to be fully integrated with existing files.

Yeah don't worry, everything is fine- the same thing happened to me and I didn't know what was up until I called them. It's just because you previously applied. So long as you sent in copies of your stuff, you're heading in the right direction.

Trick said:
Yeah don't worry, everything is fine- the same thing happened to me and I didn't know what was up until I called them. It's just because you previously applied. So long as you sent in copies of your stuff, you're heading in the right direction.

That is what I figured, based on what it said when I applied, so I am not worried just yet. Of course it would be nice to have immediate feedback, but I understand that there is a process and it takes time. I really hope that I hear back over the spring/summer though.

just got the call...

leaving April 14th to be a vehicle technician. Thanks for the support over the last year and a half Army.ca! Now it's my turn...

Wilamanjaro said:
just got the call...

leaving April 14th to be a vehicle technician. Thanks for the support over the last year and a half Army.ca! Now it's my turn...

Congrats, best of luck to you! :)

Wilamanjaro said:
just got the call...

Nice one, man! Good luck!

Wilamanjaro said:
just got the call...

Great news! Congrats and good luck!  :nod:

Wilamanjaro said:
just got the call...

Awesome man, congrats!

Wilamanjaro said:
just got the call...

Me too - April 16th BMQ to be a Air Weapons Systems Technician....can't wait!!!!

Good luck to the rest of you that are waiting.

Yeah definitely congrats. This is my third year waiting to get in so hopefully this year will be my year! Fingers crossed. And yeah the process changed the day before I went into recruiting this year. So I had to resubmit my infomation to North Bay even though my local recruiting centre had it all already. Excellent way to work on patience!

Back