• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applied online - No Response Yet - Changing from Reg to Res application

Kasmaki

Inactive
Reaction score
I applied online a week ago for the regular force. Something happened and I absolutely need to change From the reg force to the reserve. I didn't receive the second email yet so I guess they didn't send my application to the center yet. What should I do to actually change from Reg to Reserve Force in my application ?

Kasmaki said:
I applied online a week ago for the regular force. Something happened and I absolutely need to change From the reg force to the reserve. I didn't receive the second email yet so I guess they didn't send my application to the center yet. What should I do to actually change from Reg to Reserve Force in my application ?

Just let things run it's course.  Once you receive the second email and make contact with your local CFRC, you can make the change then. 

I trust you have already been in direct contact with a local Reserve Force Unit in your area and they told you to apply online?

DAA said:
Just let things run it's course.  Once you receive the second email and make contact with your local CFRC, you can make the change then. 

I trust you have already been in direct contact with a local Reserve Force Unit in your area and they told you to apply online?

Yes I did, ok thank you so I guess that when they will contact me I will also be able to add things to my application if I understand?

Kasmaki said:
Yes I did, ok thank you so I guess that when they will contact me I will also be able to add things to my application if I understand?

They will probably NOT contact you, you have to contact them.  Also, just let the Recruiter at your local Reserve Unit know that you selected "Regular", instead of "Reserve" by accident on the application.  They may be able to help you out in advance.  They should have given you a letter or something to take to your local CFRC as well.

DAA said:
They will probably NOT contact you, you have to contact them.  Also, just let the Recruiter at your local Reserve Unit know that you selected "Regular", instead of "Reserve" by accident on the application.  They may be able to help you out in advance.  They should have given you a letter or something to take to your local CFRC as well.

Yea I know, but a friend told me that it could take more than a week before receiving the email that says wich documents to bring to book the CFRC, if they don't send me an email until then, I will contact them I guess.

Kasmaki said:
Yea I know, but a friend told me that it could take more than a week before receiving the email that says wich documents to bring to book the CFRC, if they don't send me an email until then, I will contact them I guess.

As a Reserve Force applicant who is being referred by a local unit, that would be your best best.  No need to wait for the second email in your case.

At some point in time, you will need to take with you "original" Birth Certificate, proof of Canadian Citizenship (if applic) and originals of all your Academic Transcripts (stamped "original").

Good luck!

Back