• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]

Following in your father's footsteps is all well and good, but you'll also want to try to make your own footprint on your military experience, not have it coloured by your father's. Either way, good luck with shifting occupations if you do go through with it.
You are 100% right about that no doubt at all! In his footsteps, I meant to go into Armoured as I'll be the 4th generation in the army and 3rd in Combat Arms, but I greatly appreciate your kind words! :)

Just got mail from the CFRC; they sent in a DND 2766 form for my asthma. It needs to be filled out by my physician.

Be advised that if you have or have had asthma in the past, that this will surely come in your way.

Just got mail from the CFRC; they sent in a DND 2766 form for my asthma. It needs to be filled out by my physician.

Be advised that if you have or have had asthma in the past, that this will surely come in your way.
oh definitely, I had that, and forms for a knee injury, and mental health concerns. It can be annoying but also understandable because it can have a significant impact on potential jobs and training

Update #2:
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade 1: Intelligence Operator
Application: December 27 2023
CFAT: January 11 2024
Employment/ Reference Checks: February 12 2024
Medical & Interview: January 24 2024 (Updated February 21 2024, supplemental Med forms completed, 1 needs to be resubmitted)
Final Processing: Pending
Competition List: Pending
Selected: Pending
Offered: Pending
Enrollment: Pending
BMQ: Pending

Update #2:
Trade 1: Intelligence Operator
Application: December 27 2023
CFAT: January 11 2024
Employment/ Reference Checks: February 12 2024
Medical & Interview: January 24 2024 (Updated February 21 2024, supplemental Med forms completed, 1 needs to be resubmitted)
Enrollment: Pending
Update #3:
Trade #1: IntOp
Application: December 27, 2023
CFAT: January 11, 2024
Employment/Reference Checks: February 12, 2024
Medical/Interview: January 24, 2024 (Updated February 29, 2024 all forms submitted to Ottawa)
Enrolment: Pending

Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal
Regular Force/Primary Reserve: PRes
Trade Choice #1: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Trade Choice #2:
Trade Choice #3:
Applied: October 16 2023
First Contact: October 19 2023
CFAT: Did it back in 2005, still qualified.
Interview: December 12 2023
Medical: December 12 2023
Medical Documents #1: January 11 2024
FORCE test: February 6 2024
Medical Documents #2: February 28 2024
Background check: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Swearing In: Pending

I've had to go back to my family physician to get an extra form for asthma filled out. Still pending and waiting after Ottawa's green light.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal
Regular Force/Primary Reserve: PRes
Trade Choice #1: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Trade Choice #2:
Trade Choice #3:
Applied: October 16 2023
First Contact: October 19 2023
CFAT: Did it back in 2005, still qualified.
Interview: December 12 2023
Medical: December 12 2023
Medical Documents #1: January 11 2024
FORCE test: February 6 2024
Medical Documents #2: February 28 2024

I've had to go back to my family physician to get an extra form for asthma filled out. Still pending and waiting after Ottawa's green light.
Hopefully, you and Jaxhades94 hear back quicker regarding the medical forms, it shouldn't take that long as it took a day for my medical approval to come back so it will be okay!

Hopefully, you and Jaxhades94 hear back quicker regarding the medical forms, it shouldn't take that long as it took a day for my medical approval to come back so it will be okay!
Hopefully! I know on the Application portal that my medical said completed after having the primary medical meeting, even though I still had to get the supplemental FDLs completed. So yeah here's hoping that it processes fast and I can move forward with my application and Basic.

Hopefully! I know on the Application portal that my medical said completed after having the primary medical meeting, even though I still had to get the supplemental FDLs completed. So yeah here's hoping that it processes fast and I can move forward with my application and Basic.
Fingers crossed! Considering everything else is done, and only the approval and final portions of the application are left hopefully it doesn’t take too long!!

Hi,
Any updates from those who we are stuck on the reliability screening / pre secure process. Read from a Facebook group that for PR there is a possibility to work as a probationary when in the long security clearance process. Anyone know anything about this?

Hi,
Any updates from those who we are stuck on the reliability screening / pre secure process. Read from a Facebook group that for PR there is a possibility to work as a probationary when in the long security clearance process. Anyone know anything about this?
I’m stuck on the background check after the interview and medical (I think it’s the reliability check) but I’m not entirely sure what my application is for as I applied as a PR and got my citizenship in between and updated my file manager. I do remember reading about what you said in a news article but it’s something that’s being looked at and discussed, there’s no final decision regarding it afaik but I definitely could be wrong!

I’m stuck on the background check after the interview and medical (I think it’s the reliability check) but I’m not entirely sure what my application is for as I applied as a PR and got my citizenship in between and updated my file manager. I do remember reading about what you said in a news article but it’s something that’s being looked at and discussed, there’s no final decision regarding it afaik but I definitely could be wrong!
I think you are also in the reliability screening stage. For me It's been 2+ months, how long you are in background check stage?

My understanding from fb, reddit and here- those who have foreign implications will take time no matter the person is PR or citizen.

I wish any miracle happens that fasten our process.

I think you are also in the reliability screening stage. For me It's been 2+ months, how long you are in background check stage?

My understanding from fb, reddit and here- those who have foreign implications will take time no matter the person is PR or citizen.

I wish any miracle happens that fasten our process.
It has been a month since my interview, and when my file was sent to Ottawa. My pre-sec took 4 months (give or take 3 months because of the December holidays). I was told to check again in two weeks so I'll send an email next week to see if there's an update but my spidey senses are tingling and say it will take a little bit.

Yep, if there are Foreign Implications it takes time but it varies from application to application as well

I hope so, good things are happening and even though they will take time we have to realize that the elephant has passed, only the tail remains. I hope we hear back soon and the process is completed! :)

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Hamilton
Regular Force/Primary Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice #1: Meteorological Technician
Trade Choice #2: NA
Trade Choice #3: NA
Applied: Dec 3, 2023
First Contact: Dec 5, 2023
CFAT: Skipped (accelerated application)
First Visit to Detachment: Dec 12, 2023
Interview: Jan 19, 2024
Medical: Jan 24, 2024
Medical Passed: Jan 24, 2024
References Contacted: Jan 31, 2024
References Submitted to CAF: Feb 2, 2024
PLAR Submitted to CAF HQ: Feb 2, 2024
Final Processing: Feb 5, 2024
PLAR Submitted to CAF Met Dep: Feb 23, 2024

Update:

Actually I don’t know what is happening with me! My RS start Jan 2024 then in Feb I came to know my file is in pre secure process and last week someone else from CFRC told my file is waiting for regional medical officer approval. After that it will go for security clearance from my home country.

Update:

Actually I don’t know what is happening with me! My RS start Jan 2024 then in Feb I came to know my file is in pre secure process and last week someone else from CFRC told my file is waiting for regional medical officer approval. After that it will go for security clearance from my home country.
Yikes that is something else, I'm gonna check regarding my file tomorrow and I'll update on what's going on! I'm not surprised to hear that honestly but all we can do is wait unfortunately. :(

Update:

Update for my application:

I emailed to receive an update and I was told that we are waiting for the security clearance.

I sent another email back to check whether the security clearance will take place while I'm at BMQ or whether I will have to wait for it to be completed as I've read mix things about it on here and Reddit! Let's hope for the best I guess

Update for my application:

I emailed to receive an update and I was told that we are waiting for the security clearance.

I sent another email back to check whether the security clearance will take place while I'm at BMQ or whether I will have to wait for it to be completed as I've read mix things about it on here and Reddit! Let's hope for the best I guess
Only open to see your updates! And its you!!

Good question you have asked. I also get mixed reply from reddit. Now don't know what actually happened in my case. Thinking end of this month will email again.

Let finger cross and hope for good news.

Only open to see your updates! And its you!!

Good question you have asked. I also get mixed reply from reddit. Now don't know what actually happened in my case. Thinking end of this month will email again.

Let finger cross and hope for good news.
I'm happy to provide updates always because of my application being such a mix due to starting it as a PR and then it transitioning to PR/Citizen so if I can help someone why not you know!

Yeah, I'd say call/email or visit CFRC (if you can) as they sometimes can provide better updates and I've heard people learning things like medical forms were pending or a certain form had to be filled out, it may be worth it if you haven't received a reply yet!

Amen to that! Like I said earlier, the elephant has passed and the tail remains! We will get through this and it will be okay!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Detachment Oshawa
Regular Force/Primary Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice #1: Air Weapons Systems Tech
Trade Choice #2: Weapons Tech Land
Trade Choice #3: Materials Tech
Applied: October 16th, 2023
First Contact: October 25th, 2023
CFAT: November, 16th, 2023 (Qualified 1st go)
Interview: December 19th, 2023 (Recommended for enrolment- pending tattoo coverup, CAF doesn't like pin-up girls, who knew, covered up January 4th and had approved the same day)
Medical: February 23rd, 2024 (Passed and recommended for enrolment)
Final Processing: February 24th, 2024 - Present(March 18th, 2024)
Contract Offered/Accepted: Pending

Back