• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone heading to BRT for the June 10 - August 14 course?

T

typhoon85

Just got my job offer the other day for enrolment as a Private in the military occupation of Infantry with Regimental Affiliation of Princess Patricia‘s Canadian Light Infantry.I was just wondering if anyone on this forum will be attending BRT at Saint Jean from June 10 to August 14?

:cdn:
:fifty:

how long did it take from the time you handed in all the papers to the time they offered you the job? Just curious as im also looking to go infantry, also what was the CFAT like? and congrates!

Hello...
looks like we will be there at the same time but in a different group. I‘m infantry with the RCR‘s and our course is June 17- August 21. do you have any idea how many recruits are in each group? nonetheless congratulations.. you are probably as excited as I am.. keep training to be in the best shape you can and I‘ll see you there.. Best wishes!!!

Clinton it took 7 monthes from the day i put my application in to the day i got called. But that doesn‘t mean that you will also get called in 7 monthes. You could be at basic 1 month after you put in your application in. I guess it depends on the job you want and the openings that they have for that job. The CFAT is nothing to lose any sleep over. I am not by all means the smartest guy and i still past. Here is a link to what you can expect on the CFAT. Good Luck :warstory:

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/html/careers/getting_ready/prep_apti_test.html

Keener here is a link to a 18 minute video documentary on basic by CBC.CLick on "web page" to view it.

http://cdnarmy.ca/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000087

This group has 61 people. 58 men and 3 woman.

Yes I am very excited to go. Can‘t wait to get out there and be doing my job. Good Luck with BRT :D See you there

:cdn:
:mg:

I‘m off to St Jean for the July 15 to Sept 18 course. In regards to the amount of time for paperwork, I handed in my application at the beginning of feb, and received my job offer on May 16th. The CFAT can‘t really be prepared for - so don‘t spend time stressing over it. The interview is pretty informal, questions will be asked to get an idea of what kind of person you are in both personal and professional environments. The fitness test is exactly like what is mentioned on the forces website and recuiting information package. As long as you actually make an effort to train and prepare, you‘ll pass the tests. Just remember - those tests are the minimum standards for the military- not what is expected of you. If you barely pass your fitness test, get your *** in gear and up your training schedule, you want to be in as good a shape as possible when basic starts, so you‘re not struggling throughout the course.
My training includes 15 mins of warm up (stretching, kicking -front, snap, inside/outside crescent. two sets of 30 pushups. Followed by some more light stretching.)
Once the blood‘s pumping i spend the next 40 mins on the punching bag with a variety of combinations, keeping the heart rate up to increase endurance.
Finish off with 2 more sets of pushups/situps (remember to keep your knees together!)

So a little over an hour is spent on training 5 times a week.

Hope that rambling helps anyone with questions on what‘s necessary for fitness test. It‘s just important to keep in mind that it‘s not about training to pass the fitness test - it‘s about training to be fit for basic training - think of fitness test as personal proof to yourself that you‘re successfully preparing for physical challenges you will face in basic training, especially you guys getting into infantry!
Good luck.

Merlin3d congradulations on being excepted into the CF. What trade you going into?

Sean85 - I applied for Infantry. I want to become a SARTech, and thought the infantry trade would best be able to train me physically and mentally during the 4 year prerequisite in the forces before one is qualified to apply for SAR.
I‘m in PPCLI, with hopes that i‘ll be off to edmonton, with their superior facilities.

Its great to hear you guys all got in. From what I understood, the combat arms were closed. Just goes to show that you never know.

When is the next BT course after the june and july starts for Infantry

And good luck guys

Its great to hear you guys all got in. From what I understood, the combat arms were closed. Just goes to show that you never know.
The recruiting captain I spoke with during my interview says that both RCR and PPCLI are open for infantry right now. I did the CFAT, medical, physical, and interview on Thursday and was told that based on the "merit list" I‘d probably be looking at 4-8 weeks before a date for BRT. Apparently the medical office at Borden takes about a month to process that information.

From a couple of cues I picked up on during the interview (which I found to be rather enjoyable and informal), your score on the CFAT and your interview both directly affect your position on the "merit list" and if there are openings the minimum time for a best-case is 4-8 weeks.

I didn‘t find the CFAT very difficult, but I would recommend watching the clock. I didn‘t pay enough attention during the spacial awareness part of the test and left two questions unanswered. I had best-guesses for both of them and was just filling in the circle when time was called. There‘s really no easy way to "study" for an apptitude test; I‘d say go over basic math like long division and such if you‘re really worried. No calculators is a major change for most of us. :)

hey mike if you see this tell mom and dad that i had a good flight and im now at st jean.Also hi to everyone else i have to make this quick i have 2 minutes 30 seconds left to type :)Good luck with your application process.When you arrive to be st jean your be shocked! its like a little city in here im in a arcade which is right beside a subway right in the main building.

Back