• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone from C SQN RCD or A 8CH in Gagetown 90 to 96

Sapper6 said:
Yes, I remember those days well Leo 1.  The drinking policy was certainly much less stringent back then.  :-X

On the contrary...the drinking policy was more stringent...the SSM is providing beer, we will close with and consume it at the earliest possible opportunity.

Still can't believe we would hand pints down thru the tank in the fd so the driver could have one while waiting to go into the hide.

Ahhhh....sweet memories.....  :D

Can't do that these days.....kiddies might not know when to stop  ;D

Regards

A Sqn 95-98, then CVS for a while.  Good to see others around, although most of you were gone before I got there.

Hides...hmmnnn....which was better...Scotty Dog Wood or Butterfly Wood?....as long as the beer was cold and the hot dogs warm - who cared right?

Does anyone remember moving into a Cbt Tm hide only to find that someone was there before us...namely a Black Bear momma and her cubs?!  Yikes!  Disperse and try not to get run over by the Leopard MBTs!

S6. 

For anybody who cares (which is presumably no one  ^-^ ) there was an impromptu mini C Sqn RCD reunion this past weekend, here in Gagetown.

Danny Kelly (out, working for UN, and recently married), Glenn Fee (Navy MS, recently married and just had a kid), Rob Dyke (Sgt, Heating and Refrig (?) tech), Steve Johnson (out for quite a while), Adrian Cotie, Kenny Bradley, Mike McHugh, Rob Gould, John Tzaferis (all those 5 are Cpl's at School), Rob Ovens (Sgt, married with child !!!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:), me (Sgt, married with 3 girls  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ).

We had a few at Kenny's, then decided we wanted to be young guys, and headed to Fred'ton, and bumped into Rob, Stevie J, and Tim Scantlebury (A Sqn days).

Good times were had by most.

Al

The fact that your still in Al and didn't go for an OT scares me enough as is....

Nevermind the fact that you have kids  :eek:

I pity the fools who tries to date your daughters....I can see it now...

*sound of door opening*

What do you want?

*pan down to see Al cleaning his shotgun*  ;D

So Rob's a Sgt now? Geesh...last time I saw him he was a Cpl....mind you that was during the ice storm.

Regards

Simply the best Sqn ever. 4 Troop Ruled. the new Corp could take some lessons. its time to rebadge Infantry. check the ranges lately it looks like the armour corp grave yard. TARGET STOP !!!! next Target right go on and on and on.

The last of the tankers
22B

Jim

Is that chew?  Try this thread and see who else is here from C Sqn.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/22913.0.html

GW

I was in TSS, from the close out of the 8CH in Germany in 93 until 2000 then I went to School HQ as the Financial weiny. I have now remustered to Electrician and have been posted to Cold Lake and am now in Comox livin the dream.

Scotty Polson

Tss from '94 to '96

Scottie I'm surprised you didn't go navy with all the Boston Whalers you used to drive up and down the St John river! ;D

Cheers man

Slim

Former member of "C FORCE". 1989 to re badge in 92. Member of A 8CH till 94.
Glad to read and hear whats up with friends from the OLD days.
Was in with Johnson, Henstock, Petrie, Ovens etc etc.
Have been a civvy for 11 years now and still miss it bad some days......must have hit my head one too many times eh.
Spent time in SHQ,2Trp,Maint Trp,Adm Trp, and SPSS.
I know Petrie knows who I is.

Best time of my life....no doubt.
Regards,

JRP
Cpl

ExTanker- You bet! Holy c%%$! Roscoe you old dog. Always a pleasure to find old friends. Thats what makes this forum great. Hopefully more will find their way here. Bob, Steve, Hugh and Zach to name a few. ;D Yes those days were the best. Even 9'r domestic agrees. Pretty bad when my wife can see the difference between then and now. Smart girl...still don't know why she picked me. More later.

Cheers,

Leopard1
AKA-B Zipperhed O

"A Sqn 8CH, 76-79 anyone?"

- Aha, Ferrets...

But '67 jeeps, when Recce came back from Cyprus, and became the new A Sqn.

Tom

Best time in the military that I ever had. Great and professional bunch of guys who were a pleasure to work with. Never had to be told twice, lots of common sense and remarkable pride. Sad to see the Squadron  disbanded and now the tank....... When will it end!

Cdn_Chimo said:
I was in TSS, from the close out of the 8CH in Germany in 93 until 2000 then I went to School HQ as the Financial weiny. I have now remustered to Electrician and have been posted to Cold Lake and am now in Comox livin the dream.

Scotty Polson

Holy crap Scotty. Still have the Virago? Last time I saw you was just before I got posted to the Regiment.

I still ride the Savage from time to time....mind you it's been in a shed for the past 3 years due to tours....

Regards

Ahh..C FORCE 1984 to 89 best damn unit in the CAF..Work hard,play hard,drink hard..

I can still hear the chants in the mess on Friday's happy hour.

Back