• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

anyone else have to gain weight?

hey im pretty light too
im 6'0 and about 155-160 lbs at 18 years ld
but i have been working on cardio and weight training
i try to eat alot, but my metabolism is extremely high, so gaining weight, fat weight is harder
but muscle weight is increasing

I thought that the BMI scale was eliminated within the military as a "standard" due to people not having an ounce of fat on them because they worked out constantly and were in Great shape, but according to the chart they were considered as "overweight" for their height and even obese?! Please correct me If I am wrong
???

for protein shakes add things to it like Yogurt and berries. and strawberrie tast alot better comp to other ones out their. or even cookies and cream is also good. but like all protein shakes u get sick of the tast but suck it up and down the crap as fast as u can..

I sudgest a complete lack of cardio and 4-5 beers a night for desert. feel free to adjust for friday-saturday nights. But on a serious note I actually had to destroy my mettabolisom in order to start putting on weight. went from 6-4 170 to 205. Aslong as you can pass your courses PT standard i would sudgest dropping your cardio workouts substantially. once you pack on some doe ease back into the cardio and try to sustain weight.

there was a time when I had that problem - I was ordered on Sick Parade about week 10 of boot camp. .  I was down to about 140 and I'm 6'1.  Had open sores on my hips & back from humping a ruck and was so thin I had to run back & forth in shower to get wet.  The Med O just told me to eat a lot more and come back in a week for a weight check.  I just stuffed myself silly at every meal after that  . . I do recall eating six eggs for breakfast one morning with a big pile of toast and a mound 'o bacon and going to the McDonalds in Chilliwack for a lot of Big Macs, fries & milk shakes. 

Now I even think about a pizza & a beer and I gain 2 pounds & send my Bloop Pressure up 10 points . . .  ahhhhh  such wonderful caloric memories.

CSAries89 said:
well i bought the strawberry one, used it with water and with milk
and its honestly the worst thing i have ever tasted

that's odd, I've tasted alot worse lol.. I enjoy the taste of the strawberry flavored whey powder mixed w/milk (water not as good)... I've tired the chocolate, didn't like it as much... make sure you're mixing them up well (my magic bullet blender works great- makes them nice and smooth) also adding things (berries, etc) might help.. try different flavors until you find a favorite, or talk to GNC clerk for any tips/ what brands they recommend.

I was 147lbs in January and I am 6.2" now I weigh 175lbs so ive gained 28lbs in just about 7 months.

CSAries89 said:
well i bought the strawberry one, used it with water and with milk
and its honestly the worst thing i have ever tasted

It all depends on the brand, i personally recommend Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard (hope this is not against the forum rules...). It tastes great and is regarded by the fitness industry as one of the best if not the best whey protein.

felboisse said:
It all depends on the brand, i personally recommend Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard (hope this is not against the forum rules...). It tastes great and is regarded by the fitness industry as one of the best if not the best whey protein.

I know that the Chocolate 1 from Costco is great  :blotto:

felboisse said:

I second that.. this is the only brand I use.. the strawberry is great.. like i said earlier...powder plus milk= tastes like a milkshake. try it out or go to your local GNC and ask some questions.

Another time I tried my cousins protein shake and I swear it just wouldn't mix properly, I would end up drinking chunks of whey lol...

Anyways, It's amazing what you can get used to in the name of gaining weight!

My only advice to you if you are still trying to gain wait, oh poster of this topic!

4 eggs with cheese on top cooked well with 1/4 pack of bacon, 2-3 toast and a tall glass of chocolate milk EVERY morning, followed by a protein shake your sure to gain weight like me  :blotto: I was 147 at 6.2" now I am 174 at 6.2" my goal is 185 by Christmas so it would have been 1 year since 147lbs anyways, just food for thought  ^-^

No pun intended.

Josh1r said:
Another time I tried my cousins protein shake and I swear it just wouldn't mix properly, I would end up drinking chunks of whey lol...

Anyways, It's amazing what you can get used to in the name of gaining weight!

My only advice to you if you are still trying to gain wait, oh poster of this topic!

4 eggs with cheese on top cooked well with 1/4 pack of bacon, 2-3 toast and a tall glass of chocolate milk EVERY morning, followed by a protein shake your sure to gain weight like me  :blotto: I was 147 at 6.2" now I am 174 at 6.2" my goal is 185 by Christmas so it would have been 1 year since 147lbs anyways, just food for thought  ^-^

No pun intended.

The exact same recipe for a triple bypass when you are 25.

Ya I guess eh?  Free healthcare and all right?... ;D

But in all honesty, the secret to putting on weight is no secret at all.  It's just complex science.  It's alot more than just saying eat more calories than you burn.  The reason for this is because your body has an internal equillibrium and will adjust to increase your metabolism to try to keep your weight consistent.  You need to a do a lot of reading if you are a "hard gainer" and have to be able to beat your body at its own game. 

There is a plethora of books on the subject, just depends on how technical you want to go.  And just know that putting on weight is half the battle, keeping it on is equally as hard.

Cheers

Oh, please, just go get PREGNANT!!  You'll never get the weight off after!!  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Oh, please, just go get PREGNANT!!  You'll never get the weight off after!!  ;)

Why get pregnant? Everyone knows women start gaining weight as soon as they get married!

I weighed around 135 pounds about 6 months ago and I'm 6 foot tall. Of course that was before I stared working out and taking whey protein. I don't know how much I weigh now (I don't have a bathroom scale) but in my opinion the whey powder really helped me as I have high metabolism.
If the whey powder won't mix well then I would suggest the following: first scoop the whey powder into a one liter water bottle (screw on top not squeeze top) then pour about 300 ml of milk on top, screw on the lid quickly and start shaking it right away, shake for a minute or two vigorously. If you don't start to shake it right away the powder will have time to congeal and form lumps. I use 300 ml of milk for a 30 gram scoop of whey protein. that is word for word how I prepare my protein drink.

I apologize if I was too specific.

BTW: use milk it tastes horrible if you use water.

Freddy G said:
Why get pregnant? Everyone knows women start gaining weight as soon as they get married!

Remarks like that will ensure you remain single for years to come......

To the other folks on this thread, my hubby went into Basic (at age 25) at 165 lbs (5'10") and came out at about 205 lbs.......all muscle.  Don't forget that at different ages, your metabolism changes.  Be careful of the habits you pick up now, as they may come back to "haunt" you later in life.

PMedMoe said:
Be careful of the habits you pick up now, as they may come back to "haunt" you later in life.

One of my friends just had a kidney pull the plug on him.  The docs said his 8 years of "safe supplements" (creatine, protein, glutamine etc...) were the major contributor to his taxed and eventually failed kidney.

If your body is meant to be 120, 160 or 200 lbs. let it be.  It's funny because the 200 lbs plus people wish they were skinnier, and the 140 lbs people wish they were of more substance.  I guess thats why we have plastic surgery...We are never happy with who we truly are 8)

Back