• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any one want any info?

I can't really comment on the RMC thing because I never went that route.As far it looking bad as long as you follow proper channels(because your all ready enrolled in the p-res)you will have to submit a memo requesting component transfer(note-to anyone reading this who did CT to reg force officer from the p-res-are the procedures the same for p-res NCM to Reg force officer?)A friend of mine CT'd to piliot after 2 yrs in the p-res and the unit was extadic for him!They saw that he was going for self-improvment and supported him the whole way.As I remember I can't think of a single person in my old p-res unit that were unsupported in thier efforts to go regular force.
I'm not sure I awnsered your question compleatly but this is all I can say,hope it helps.
Anyone who has a more in-depth knowledge on this subject jump in...thats what this string is for.

Just a quick question- coming off of 6-7 years in the cadets how hard was it to adapt and readjust from being in a position of responsibility and leadership to one of being a new recruit in the reserves?

Ae long as you understand that your being taught new and unique skills you (and I)(I am still learning as we speak)you shouild'nt have to much problem(as I experienced)As a cadet you learn a small portion of leadership(not a jab but a truth).I tended to keep my mouth shut(mouth closed,eyes open)and helped those who required it(lets face it the average civy don't know how to polish boots)and even though I had never atained any significant ranK in cadets-I was a PO2 in sea cadets and a silver star(if that still exists)Mcpl in army cadets-I never tried to "lord"the experience I had over anyone.One thing I learned over my carrer is(cadets-p-res-reg force)
In order to be a good leader,one must be a good follower.........regaurdless(sp)of rank or experience.

gun plumber said:
This is'nt the type of question I wanted but I'll awnser it anyways
It's very simple and 3 fold
1.Most of us arnt trained to fix um!Those repairs are usually farmed out to civilian companies or the individuals in my trade are few and far bettween
2.more times than not we cannot get parts.Because of the primary goal of the trade,unfortunatly air rifles are low priority.Parts are hard to find and it is easier to send it away for repair
3.The money required to fix something has to be availible through a budget.Because Cadets have no"military"budget its up to you corps\sqn to pay for it.

Trust me,we fix all that comes through our door,includind cadet c no7 22 cal rifles
hope this helps....

Thanks for the info. We have no problem with the # 7s

Cheers:

2332Piper said:
Just a quick question. I'm finishing up grade 12 this year, and I just started my training with the PRes. Now, my plan is to go to college next year (Police Foundations) and eventually become an MP in the regs. However, my marks aren't half bad and I intend to apply to RMC as well, just to see if I can get in. If I do get accepted, will it look bad on my record if I spend 12 months in the reserves and then run off to RMC right after I finish all my training? I'm not seriously considering RMC (I'm looking at going in the service as an NCM), but I have not discounted it totally. So any help on this is appreciated.

You may end up better off. There was a Pte from my unit that applied and got into RMC because he was a private he went and got paid as a private The other OCdts maid less money and he was laughing.

I've blown the dust of this topic because I feel that it has good merit and also,I intend to volunteer with a local cadet corp in the new training year and want to be able to be ready for any and all questions they might ask,so what better way to be able research and reply than to get a national response.

To all who are ready to jump on me for going "out of my lane":an update since the first post;

I have compleated my QL 4 OJT,and have since completed my QL5 trg.I have been employed in my unit as a fully  qualified tech since Mar 07.
I consider myself an experienced member in the "Cadets to reserve to reg force" cycle as I have (see my first post) experienced it first hand.

Occasionally,I will ask my own questions to the Cadets on this board,in order to expand(or update,as the Situ warrents)my own knowledge as this benefits myself as well.

I will not awnser questions that are out of my lane,as well,Mods please delete this thread if it becomes a flame fest or inflammatory in any way.
Thank you,and I look forward to your questions,and anything you can teach me as well.

Not trying to blow you off or anything,nut this was awnsered on page 1,first question I think.
Thanks for asking.

I have been a Reservist and and completed BMQ, SQ, and Driver Wheel. The QL3 for my trade, SUP TECH, is now almost 3 months. My unit is not very understamding when I say I can't get that time off work. They as far as saying I am making the Unit look bad. 3 years, and no QL3, hearing it from Ops. I travel an hr. and a half to get to the Unit I have had enough. But, I am toying with the idea of CIC in my home town. Is this wise?

rage

rage said:
But, I am toying with the idea of CIC in my home town. Is this wise?

You should visit a cadet unit and see what it's like for yourself.  If it's well-run you will see a lot of similarities to a militia unit, but if you join the staff you will find it a different experience from your current trade.  You may find something you like, or you may decide that it's too far removed from what you're used to or what you had in mind when you first joined up.

Back