• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anti-War Protest Message Highlights

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Pink Paint on the "tank" is SO IRONIC!  They protest our "warlike, GW Bush Mission to the oilfields of Afghanistan" and demand a return to our "Traditional" Peacekeeping ways, and then the retarded apes pour pink paint on one of our "tanks", which is done up in UN white paint!!!  I LOVE THESE IDIOTS!  Also, protesting war by doing violent acts against the police is SO EFFECTIVE ("Violence never solved anything.  That's why I'm pouring gas on you") 

Thats the 'direct action' way, hiding among the real peace-lovers...  its just an excuse to trash the symbols of society they cant fit into...

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Pink Paint on the "tank" is SO IRONIC!  They protest our "warlike, GW Bush Mission to the oilfields of Afghanistan" and demand a return to our "Traditional" Peacekeeping ways, and then the retarded apes pour pink paint on one of our "tanks", which is done up in UN white paint!!!  I LOVE THESE IDIOTS!

Here, here....

BTW, anybody know the story behind the (what looks like) the Lynx in front of the Sherbrooke Armouries?  I'm guessing a tenant unit may have used it at some point on a UN mission.  Even the Wikipedia listing for the Lynx doesn't mention the Sherbrooke vehicle as one of several on display around the world. 

Then again, old age may be interfering with my AFG recognition skills - can't be sure if it's not in three-view on an overhead projector  ;)

The plot thickens.....

I blogged a while back about the 27 Oct 07 "peace" protest in front of the Sherbrooke QC armouries, but now, I see the Quebec Federation of Journalists is getting involved in the fray.

Anyone with better French than me (it can ONLY be better) is free to correct me or refine nuance, but it appears a student reporter for the Univeristy of Sherbrooke's paper, who appears to be a French national, has been arrested and charged.  She says she was just reporting, Sherbrooke police say she was one of the demonstrators.  Her passport is in custody as well, meaning she can't go back to France, if I read correctly.

Now, the Federation is complaining, saying, ""We are not in Iran! In Canada and Quebec, one does not stop the journalists who cover the political demonstrations!" and the student paper appears to be considering legal action.

Is it just me, or is the anti-war action in Sherbrooke a little feistier than elsewhere?  Or is it a case of the media there paying more attention to the protests as they happen?  If anyone who can shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated.

Sources:

"Une journaliste risque l’expulsion du Canada,"Le Journal de Sherbrooke, 16 Nov 07 - GoogleEnglish

"Une journaliste est arrêtée lors d'une manifestation à Sherbrooke - Violation de la liberté de presse selon la FPJQ," Federation of Journalists statement, 20 Nov 07 - GoogleEnglish

"«Action rose»: la FPJQ dénonce l’arrestation d’une journaliste," La Tribune (Sherbrooke), 20 Nov 07 - GoogleEnglish

"La FPJQ proteste contre une arrestation," Radio Canada, 21 Nov 07 - GoogleEnglish

Google News francais "Blandine Coulliard"

- edited to add 16 Nov 07 reference -

Back